Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mike
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, I just got Sirius in my car, since Howard doesn't stream yet, and it looks like he might not i'm looking for a solution for the home. Any suggestions? Lookin at the S50 but not sure if I want to pay that much.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
yesterday on his program, one of the guys in the studio said you can somehow record it on your computer while it's playing... maybe someone else can clarify if they listened yesterday... some guy called and wanted to know something similar and Howard only knew that you could record with the S50..

·
Mike
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PreludeChick89 said:
yesterday on his program, one of the guys in the studio said you can somehow record it on your computer while it's playing... maybe someone else can clarify if they listened yesterday... some guy called and wanted to know something similar and Howard only knew that you could record with the S50..
I heard that, they were talkin about a way to get it over to this guys Ipod, they basically said record it with the S50, upload it to your CPU, then transfer to your Ipod.

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
No but I'm wishing I had it for that same reason. I catch about 30 mins of Stern in the morning and my timing is always for the stupid "Howard 100 News update", which I find annoying and not the real show.

Unfortunately my receiver was a gift so I can't change it too easily :(

·
Mike
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah, im seriously debating whether or not I should get it... but Valentines is coming up and I still haven't gotten anything for Kura yet... arggh.

Another reason why i'm debating getting it or not is because with my luck, the day after I get it, Howard will start to stream.

·
MECP Cert'd Bish
5,820 Posts
MDoyle said:
I'm curious, I just got Sirius in my car, since Howard doesn't stream yet, and it looks like he might not i'm looking for a solution for the home. Any suggestions? Lookin at the S50 but not sure if I want to pay that much.
The S50 is a nice unit, just make sure you do the firmware update as soon as you get it, (if you get it) to fix the lock up & bad audio when recorded problems they had initially. It is a lot of coin to drop for a tuner though and the home kit for it is pretty damn hard to find still. Are you trying to listen to it at home or record it onto your computer? If you just want to record it, you can use any plug & play tuner and home kit. Just buy an audio cable and connect the audio out on the tuner/cradle to the line-in/mic plug on your computer and use your favorite audio recording software. If you just want to listen, obviously use a plug & play tuner and home kit connected to your preferred audio system.

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
^^I have dl'd every single episode since he started on sirius.

Since I cant get reception at work I just DL the episode at night and listen to it on my ipod the next day. This way I hear the entire show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts