Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
one day it'll make sense
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i sweat way too much on my hands and feet, and it's even worse when i'm at a formal place or meeting someone important.. is there a medicine i can take or some kind of lotion i can put on to prevent this?

[edit]oh, i forgot to mention. i sweat a lot on my feet even when i'm not nervous.

·
I kerned the Serif
741 Posts
Try a more potent antiperspirant that contain around 12 percent of the active ingredient aluminum chloride. Most over the counter antiperspirant will show you this. But for more potent power ask your doctor to prescribe you Drysol which has 20 percent of the stuff. Completely topical but at that strength, I'll presume they'll be side effects.

·
Banned
545 Posts
improve your confidence overall
but there could also be a sickness/disease that may go along with sweating. my sister's friend sweat in the hands even if she was not nervous or anything. she had to have surgery, but that was a specific disease. this could just be your nervousness.

·
Registered
247 Posts
BLACKISWHACK said:
improve your confidence overall
but there could also be a sickness/disease that may go along with sweating. my sister's friend sweat in the hands even if she was not nervous or anything. she had to have surgery, but that was a specific disease. this could just be your nervousness.
i would agree with the confidence thing.

·
one day it'll make sense
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rich_A said:
how's your diet?
i eat pretty healthy. i no longer eat fastfood since like 3 years ago. i don't think it has a lot to do with diet. since i was younger, i always sweated a lot on my feet. (by the time i get home from school or work, my socks are wet)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
How about botox? :D

5hift said:
Try a more potent antiperspirant that contain around 12 percent of the active ingredient aluminum chloride.
Anti-perspirant's a scam . . . . Makes me sweat like a beast, and then in turn ruins all my shirts.

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
I have a sweating problem.. But it only happens during sex.. :(

·
jon still has my hrt RIP
1,199 Posts
Theres a condition that my friend has where you sweat profusely. Not because you're nervous, or working out, just because your glands produce an excess amount of sweat. Go see a dermatologist.

·
C.O.D.
3,542 Posts
vickmeister said:
Theres a condition that my friend has where you sweat profusely. Not because you're nervous, or working out, just because your glands produce an excess amount of sweat. Go see a dermatologist.
Yes, it's called Hyperhydrosis. The symptoms can vary from sweating abnormally, to the point where if you stick your hand out in the air, in a matter of seconds you'll begin to form a little puddle in the palm of your hands. Typically, a doctor will prescribe Drysol, but it can definitely get nasty with the way you have to apply that stuff.

OTC products don't work too well, but it is the first line of defense. Diet changes can help as well as regular exercise, but if those things don't work, I would look into getting Botox injections if I were you. Not only can botulinum be used for cosmetic purposes, but there are other therapeutic applications such as cervical dystonia, blepharospasm and other muscle related problems. Getting therapeutic treatment rather than palliative treatment may be the answer you're looking for.

·
I kerned the Serif
741 Posts
In addition, Botulinum Toxin Type goes for $500 per vial and you normally need two of them...every three to six months.

·
C.O.D.
3,542 Posts
5hift said:
In addition, Botulinum Toxin Type goes for $500 per vial and you normally need two of them...every three to six months.
There are a hundred units per vial, but depending on the severity of the condition you will or will not use all of it. A good doctor will be able to get to the glands directly with the needle and not waste units excessively, where as you'll find other doctors that just inject all over the place thus using up the entire vial. It's about $500 per vial for the doctor, but a practice will typically charge per unit thus making it even more. It's pricey, but even though a patient has to go 3-6 months the change in quality of life can definitely be worth it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Common Sense said:
i sweat way too much on my hands and feet, and it's even worse when i'm at a formal place or meeting someone important.. is there a medicine i can take or some kind of lotion i can put on to prevent this?

[edit]oh, i forgot to mention. i sweat a lot on my feet even when i'm not nervous.
i have the same problem. mostly in my hands. when i'm not nervous at ALL it'll just happen. when i get a little nervous it gets bad.

Hyperhidrosis. There's a surgery you can have done. Insurance covers it. There's also this machine called Drionic. Works but it's a hassle. One week of procedure for about 6 weeks of sweat free. I used it one week. It really did work for me. After it came back I've been too lazy to do it again.

Google it. Hyperhidrosis. I always thought for a long time I was the only one with it, but turns out it's sort of common. 1/20 people. More common in Asians.

edit: when i'm drunk or buzzed, it doesn't happen. :laugh: might have something to do with having to pee a lot too when u've had a lot.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Have the same problem.....Just seems like my body temp is about 2 degrees higher then everyone elses. When I get home from work my socks are always soaked. Doesnt matter if im nervous or not. Sometimes it happens with my palms too. It seems with me to occur more the later in the day it is. Usally im okay till lunchtime, then it starts kicking in.

I do drink alot of water ever since i quit drinking pop, never thought about a possible relationship to that though??

Nick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts