Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cause i need some answer to what type of alarm you got, if auto locking of your door work when you either start your car or RPM lock, if your door will auto unlock on both side when you turn off your car.
Cause right now I'm pretty piss with this Clifford Concept 200.. since none of the above work and it so inconvience for me to do those manually when an alarm could do that.. Either the place i got it installed doesn't know what they are doing saying the new 2001 Prelude, Honda made it this way or Clifford just suck and wasn't worth my $600 canadian i paid for it...




------------------

Toronto Prelude Club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
dude, what's da difference between SE and the US base model?

</font>
The SE is only available in Canada and among other things comes with full leather interior. Why they get all the good stuff I'll never know


Damn Canadians with their beady little eyes and flapping heads!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
dude, what's da difference between SE and the US base model?

</font>
hehe we get leather, carbon fibre and SH rims are the major changes from the base model for only $500(Can) more.. if you ask me that a pretty good deal.



------------------

Toronto Prelude Club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZzRicezZ:
hehe we get leather, carbon fibre and SH rims are the major changes from the base model for only $500(Can) more.. if you ask me that a pretty good deal.

</font>
can you post a picture of ur car's rear?
thanks...also, can you call the dealer in canada and ask how much leather seats are for a 1997 prelude? front, then front and the back prices....thanks i will give you $1

------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
i'm using a compustar 2000as...

yes, SE comes with
-SH style leather seats,
-SH rims,
-SH leather knob,
-carbon fiber doors & audio/vent panel

for 600$CAD over MSRP.

and i'm convinced theyre putting whiter bulbs in the SE. my SE's bulbs seems whiter than my 2000-base. weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZzRicezZ:
Cause i need some answer to what type of alarm you got, if auto locking of your door work when you either start your car or RPM lock, if your door will auto unlock on both side when you turn off your car.
Cause right now I'm pretty piss with this Clifford Concept 200.. since none of the above work and it so inconvience for me to do those manually when an alarm could do that.. Either the place i got it installed doesn't know what they are doing saying the new 2001 Prelude, Honda made it this way or Clifford just suck and wasn't worth my $600 canadian i paid for it...
</font>
The problem is your leather seats. Honda co. released a statement mentioning that the leather seats cause some sort of electronic malfunction...I'll help you out though. I'll trade you my cloth seats for your leather ones
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZzRicezZ:
Cause i need some answer to what type of alarm you got, if auto locking of your door work when you either start your car or RPM lock, if your door will auto unlock on both side when you turn off your car.
Cause right now I'm pretty piss with this Clifford Concept 200.. since none of the above work and it so inconvience for me to do those manually when an alarm could do that.. Either the place i got it installed doesn't know what they are doing saying the new 2001 Prelude, Honda made it this way or Clifford just suck and wasn't worth my $600 canadian i paid for it...

</font>
The entire Clifford Concept line has the automatic door locking and unlocking you described, and it works just fine on any year Prelude. Your problem is either one of two things:

1)The installer programmed it to disable this feature.

-OR-

2)The installer screwed up the wiring so this feature does not work.

Either way, you should take it back to the shop that installed it, and have them fix it.

Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Oh man, that's exactly the alarm I got today. And I also had this same problem. The alarm will lock the door alright when I drive it to certain rpm. But when I turn the ignithion off, the damn thing won't unlock the doors for me! Very annoying.
Fortunately, there is a easy fix, since all these features are user programmable. All you have to do is go to Clifford's website, and download the complete user's manual for your alarm, and then follow the instructions to turn this feature on or off. Personally, I hate to have this Auto Lock/Unlock, so I turned it off altother. Problems solved!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZzRicezZ:
Cause i need some answer to what type of alarm you got, if auto locking of your door </font>
Out of curiosity, why did you get an alarm in the first place? As I have done no mods I'm more worried about theft of the auto than theft from the auto. The microchipped key is far better protection against theft of your car than any alarm system, as it completely disables the ignition. Ask your insurance agent - you got a discount for the ignition disabler.

Having said that, I have a good deal of perspective on this - I'm a claims adjuster. I have replaced many, many alarm systems stolen from a car along with the stereo. I don't think they're worth the money, frankly, except for theft from your driveway/garage. They don't help when you're in the movie, at the mall, in your office, on the golf course, in the race track, etc., etc. Since I've been in insurance (9 years), I've found their effectiveness to be poor at best.

To each their own I suppose. I know someone who put one in because they liked the "chirp".

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZzRicezZ:
hehe we get leather, carbon fibre and SH rims are the major changes from the base model for only $500(Can) more.. if you ask me that a pretty good deal.
</font>
And body-coloured side mouldings, yes? Don't forget, though, that the SE is available in Canada this also means that we no longer have (my) beloved SH.


Basically, the SE is all SH trim including the leather seats (
) and courtesy lights, etc., but no ATTS.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2K1LudeSE:
Oh man, that's exactly the alarm I got today. And I also had this same problem. The alarm will lock the door alright when I drive it to certain rpm. But when I turn the ignithion off, the damn thing won't unlock the doors for me! Very annoying.
Fortunately, there is a easy fix, since all these features are user programmable. All you have to do is go to Clifford's website, and download the complete user's manual for your alarm, and then follow the instructions to turn this feature on or off. Personally, I hate to have this Auto Lock/Unlock, so I turned it off altother. Problems solved!
</font>

Hmm so yours work? Can you tell me if your lude is a 5speed or an automatic? someone told me that autolock doesn't work in a 5pseed.


------------------

Toronto Prelude Club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ommoran:

Basically, the SE is all SH trim including the leather seats (
) and courtesy lights, etc., but no ATTS.

</font>
You are almost right but SE have no courtesy lights.
..

I want an alarm cause, I want it to sound if some loser hit my car in a parking lot and then ppl would start to look that way.. it better then having no sound and let that loser walk off with out anyone knowing about it. and yes i want it also cause of the chirp
...


------------------

Toronto Prelude Club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I have a 5 speed. Autolock works in my car, but autounlock doesn't. Also when autolock is on, it's rpm lock, not ignition lock as described in the manual. Strange uh? Don't know why, but I hate autolock anyways, so I don't really care. I just turned both off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ZzRicezZ:
You are almost right but SE have no courtesy lights.
..

I want an alarm cause, I want it to sound if some loser hit my car in a parking lot and then ppl would start to look that way.. it better then having no sound and let that loser walk off with out anyone knowing about it. and yes i want it also cause of the chirp
...


</font>
Then I hope you're getting it just for the chirp, because the other is very unlikely. Very very very unlikely.

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
On a side note, I have seen 2 SE's today, the first two I've seen.

I like how the SE badge is in the same lettering as the Prelude, but up in the corner where my SH is. And not a sticker, like my SH.

What's weird is I saw an SE without a spoiler, and one with. Both Sebring Silver Metallic. Was the spoiler an option on your car?

------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prelude2005:
EH!!?!??



</font>
[*slapping knee*] Whew! That was funny.
[*wiping tears from his eyes*]You kill me...


You know, Molson made a great commercial about Americans like you... two, in fact.



------------------
Martin Moran
Stock 2000 Prelude SH
Sebring Silver Metallic
"When you're caffineated, all is right with the world..."


[This message has been edited by ommoran (edited May 03, 2001).]
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top