Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how good the quality and ride comfort the Eibach Pro-kits are. I was thinking about getting some GC coil-overs, but a lot of people are saying that the ride will be stiff and getting some springs would be better. I'm deciding if the Eibach Pro-kits are the one's I should get. I gotta 1998 Prelude SH with a Wings West RS kit so I want the drop to look good with the kit. Not so low that I'll scrape all the time but I still want it low enough to look nice. Do you guys think I should get the Pro-kits? And will they work with my stock shocks? I'm planning to get some shocks later but for now I just want to get the springs. Also when I have money to get the shocks, which one's do you guys recommend? I'd appreciate anyone's help on this.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I've got Eibach pro-kit with WW RS kit too. Very clean look to the car. I've been using the stock shocks for about 9 months, and they're gonna need to be replaced very, very soon. Overall the ride is still smooth, and I only scrape on really steep driveways, etc.

------------------

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
I'd suggest Tanabe Super H- a little less drop, but stiffer springs. Actually feels smoother than the Eibachs and handle better. Not good if you really want to drop the car and tuck the wheels, but then Neuspeed Race are better for that.

DO get new struts like Tokico "blues" or something adjustable. You'll need a stiffer damper to go along with the new spring, whatever it is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a pro-kit on mine. I only scrape on really steep driveways. After dropping your car, you get a sense of what your car can go over and what it can't. I highly suggest you get the pro-kit but also along with some new shocks. The difference between stock and aftermarket shocks is amazing. I highly DO NOT recommend the Tanabe Super H springs. Although I'm sure they are great springs, the car will not looked dropped at all.

Daniel

grnlude97

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have Pro-Kits on mine, and it rides better than a lot of my mates cars with standard suspension.
Yes, you get a bit of roll on hard cornering, but for a car built for the street use it is a superb set up.
Ideally I guess a Pro-kit/Koni Yellows set up would be the best because of the lower mounts, and shall go that route as soon as I can get my hands on some!

------------------
UK LUDER!:)
HONDA-R UK Member
5th GEN 2.2 VTI 4WS Manual

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the pro-kits also. It is perfect for a street setup. You will corner as well as the other guys with race springs on the street. Plus, you get to keep your teeth

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by marcucci:
I'd suggest Tanabe Super H- a little less drop, but stiffer springs. Actually feels smoother than the Eibachs and handle better. Not good if you really want to drop the car and tuck the wheels, but then Neuspeed Race are better for that.

DO get new struts like Tokico "blues" or something adjustable. You'll need a stiffer damper to go along with the new spring, whatever it is.
</font>

i have tanabe super h's with an rs kit on 4th gen. the drop is great, i love it, no scrapes but looks really good. exactly what i wanted

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Guiddy, I was just wondering what type of kit you had??

Also how much of a Drop do Eibach Pro-kits give you??

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R
Stock for now

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
guiddy has the OEM kit... the reason it looks different is because of the front lip which is differnt than the ones you get in the states

·
Registered
666 Posts
ive got the pro kits with koni's

ride w/o the koni's were really good.

ride w/ koni's depends on what you set it at. its pretty stiff right now. but i love it.

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
guiddy has the OEM kit... the reason it looks different is because of the front lip which is differnt than the ones you get in the states</font>
Yep, that's the one! I believe there is a copy of the Euro front lip available in the States.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts