Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought a 96 shell and threw my old 93 vtec engine from my other lude i totaled and interior in minus the trunk lining/carpetin, i put a bodykit w/ fender flares on and sum aftermarket goodies into it, but not lowered, bodykit makes it look low tho......then i gotta go get it state inspected by a mass. state trooper, my question is do u guys think i will pass inspection from him, what do i need to do and have besides all reciepts and the title for both cars!!!!!!! for those who have put a car back together from scratch thru a salvage title lemme know what i need to do!!!!!!!!!!!!! thnxxxxxx

·
Registered
798 Posts
In the state of Nevada, when they check a salvage vehicle, they look for several things...

1. The car is operational, running properly, pass smog inspection.
2. The car has all safety equipment from that year (i.e. working seat belts, air bags, etc.)
3. All the lights are working (headlamps, turn signals, taillamps, reverse lamp).
4. All the glass are there intact with NO dings, dents, or cracks
5. Wipers are working properly.
6. Brake system is working
7. All the body components are there, fender, hood, bumpers, etc.

I believe that's about it, that's what the check for at the DMV, you have to drive the vehicle to the inspection lot. But you also have to get a licensed mechanic to write off a slip that also does several tests (mainly that the vehicle is running properly).

That's it, then the Salvage title becomes a Recondition Vehicle Title.

Go in the DMV, stand in line for about 3-4 hours and get the car licensed and registered.

Z

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
y would i have to go there to get it "licensed", cant i go to my insurance agency to do that....i mean im still payin for insurance!!!!!! and what kinda slip do i have to get from the mechanic?

ps
i got dc header 421 and aem cai, do u think that would make me fail a smog test?
thnxxxx

·
Registered
798 Posts
preylude22 said:
y would i have to go there to get it "licensed", cant i go to my insurance agency to do that....i mean im still payin for insurance!!!!!! and what kinda slip do i have to get from the mechanic?

ps
i got dc header 421 and aem cai, do u think that would make me fail a smog test?
thnxxxx

I don't know how it works over there, but in order to get a car license (get license plates and registration) we need to go to the DMV, not the insurance company? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Z said:

I don't know how it works over there, but in order to get a car license (get license plates and registration) we need to go to the DMV, not the insurance company? :confused:
In order to get a license plate and registration for the first time you have to go to the DMV, since it is a state issued plate/registration.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah but i still have my old plates on this shietbox im drivin'....i think over here all i gotta do is go to my insurance!!!!!!!

but what about my bw flared bodykit, do u guys think they will fail me cuz of that???????

·
Registered
77 Posts
preylude22 said:
yeah but i still have my old plates on this shietbox im drivin'....i think over here all i gotta do is go to my insurance!!!!!!!

but what about my bw flared bodykit, do u guys think they will fail me cuz of that???????

still have to get new car lincesed.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I don't think they will fail you because of your body kit.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts