Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Says there that they have roller followers for our cars. I have not been able to find out how to email them. I've been all over their site. I would want to know if these are compatible with our "standard" cams or if we needed a special roller grind. If you need a roller grind where does one find it?? Interesting me thinks...

G

·
You need a cam with a grind that is made for the rollers, as the rollers have a different profile than the pads on our stock rockers. Also, the roller rockers eliminate VTEC, so you won't have VTEC anymore. If you run a VTEC type lobe, the car will idle like ****, and make **** power in the midrange. I wouldn't suggest it for a street driven car, but on a race car, it's a different story.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I didn't realize that it'd kill VTEC. That would be a bummer. They only have them for VTEC motors, wonder why. Why have them for the H22 if there are no roller grinds. That is to my knowledge anyway. Anyways thanks again Billy.

G

·
It only works on VTEC engines because those are the only ones with enough room for the roller rockers in the head.

Crane is supposed to have cams for the roller rockers as well.

I want to know how Honda fit roller rockers into the S2000 with VTEC....now that would be worth adapting to the Prelude....

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hear that!! A roller cammed H22 with VTEC, that would be sweet. I love roller cams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts