Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have A 92 Prelude And Im Having Problem With My Digital Gauges Which Is Fuel And Temperature, My Car Was Stock For A Couple Years And Only Now I Get To Start It Back Up The Gauge Use To Be Fine But Now It Turns Off And On USUALLY DIMS And When I Drove It Around Smoke Came Out Of The Dash But That Didn't Affect Anything The Gauge Is Still There, I Notice It Usually Happens When I Drive The Car..any Suggestion Would Be Nice...

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
I Didn't Notice Until Now How Hard It Is To Type By Capitalizing Every Word. I Mean Really, Whats The Point?

anywho, where does the smoke originate from? What does it smell like? Does it smell electrical? Like oil?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
mine burnt up a week ago when i was driving to work, white smoke came up and the smell of burning circuits filled the car, the screen no longer worked and i had to replace it. mine dimmed at random before this happened, your gonna have to replace it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
i saw a few on ebay for sale, i got mine recently from slipknot95758, just look in the classified area for people parting out a prelude and buy the panel from them. its not just that part, its everything from the divider where the speedo is to the passenger tweeter, its all one part. also got some el gauges and harness to go with it since i was swapping out one half why not do the whole thing. yours might not burn out too soon, my fuel/temp gauges actually were not turning on right away or dimming for a while before they finally gave but maybe i got lucky.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Look at the last sentence from the OP, they didn't capitalize the word "any"... What a weird thing to do anyways... hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts