Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to take my 2001 accord coupe v6 with me to college. it needs to get from southern california to friggin Maine.... how would i do that? has anyone done somehting like that? truck it? ship it? i shure as hell aint drivin it. and how much? Id appreciate any info anyone has. THANKS!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
ROAD TRIP!!!!!

or buy a giant sling shot

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
drive it. nothing finer than a 3500 mile road trip. of course, if you had a prelude, you wouldn't even think about *NOT* driving it!

j/k

·
Registered
45 Posts
you can get a company to transport it for you. they will put it on a semi(with a trailer made to haul cars, the ones that new car dealers get their stock on) and it will be delivered to maine for you. this can get really pricy though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Are you taking a UHaul truck or anything like that? If so, they rent car carrier platform thingees.

------------------
2000 5-speed Prelude
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Momo Alumsport shift knob
Iceman Competition Intake
Mugen cat-back exhaust
Mugen headers
AEM underdrive pulleys

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
Horseless carriage is great and used by a lot of car dealers. Where you going to school? I might be going to medical school there next year...beautiful open roads. Hope you have snow tires though.

Neel

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nissan PathFinder from Vancouver to Kingston Ontario on a Train.

$800CDN

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your not gonna like driving your car in winter. Road salt and unplowed snow are horrible on a car. My beater Accord which was rust free in GA, has already started developing nice rust spots on the body work despite constant attempts to keep it clean. I'm bringing my Prelude next year and the second it starts snowing, the car's going under the cover and not coming out until spring. I also managed to pull the front bumper off trying free the car from a snow drift, curb two wheels, and the windshield cracked from the cold.

Most of the wealthier people had their cars transported on a truck for around 1K from California. Maine's a good distance from here but that's a starting point. But with the snow in the northeast, I'd almost save that money and just buy a beater SUV to deal with winters.

------------------
'99 Milano Red Prelude 5spd (In Atlanta)

'90 Accord EX 4 door (In Ithaca w/ me)

AP-Signworks.com
ABSOLUTE POWER

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
Welcome to salt country guys
(or sand for those little towns!)

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I shipped my car from Cali to SC once,
it costed me good ole $900
There are places you can call that transport
cars. My old car's antenna broke thanks to
the transportation.

I drove my prelude from SC to CA past summer,
took me 3 days and 2500 Miles...Fun trip for the soul, but not so good for your back

------------------

G

·
how was the road trip??..did you sleep in the car or did you stop at random hotels on the way??? how much did gas cost?

I always wanted to bring my car to college, but never got around to doing it. Salt is lame.

------------------

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Road trip was alright...I just wanted to get to cali...So I wasn't looking around for places to visit. Whatever happen to be near where I pumped gas are the only places i "visited". I kinda planned things out b4 my trip, so i slept in Motels in Large City... If I drove with my friends I bet I would have had so much fun, but not I drove alone, so my cd changer was my best friend.
anyhow...I am not sure about gas...I pumped gas about...8 times?..I dont know about 290 MPG and 2500 Miles total... u do the math...oh yeah, gas in the desert was $2.50 for 90, that's the highest it got... and 91 on other places...CA only has 92...in SC they always had 93 without the MTBE or some crap like that..

------------------

·
Premium Member
5,982 Posts
i shipped my old car from California to Wisconsin few years back.. it costed me about $700... the best thing is.. i can put all the junk in the car and save some shipping.

when the car arrives 2 weeks later.. it was dirty as well....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts