Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like it? Dyno? Do you see any improvement in 1/4 mile or performance?

Thinking about getting one1

thanks.

vnt

------------------

1997 Prelude (Non-Sh) Eucalyptus Green "TEAM ALL SPORT RACING"
AEM Intake, 5Zigen Fireball Exhaust w/Gutted Cat, 18 Degree Advanced Timing, DC C/C Header, DC Short-Shifter, Gutted Interior, Sprint Race Springs, Front & Rear Strut Bars. Clear Lenses All Around w/Hiper White Bulbs & Alteeza Tailights.
AND A BIG BLUE FLAME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,152 Posts
I was rear ended and I had an exhaust leak. But I had to install it. It dropped my 1/4 mile times about .5 seconds on gtech, which is consistent, thats the point. It worked well for me. I have a post somewhere with detailed numbers on gtech in comparisons. Do a search if you want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
How much does the V-Jet Force cost? Is it even better then the Apexi V-AFC? And do u have to tune it??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
V-Force cost about $239.00
And it does require tuning, but you can almost exactly set a a/f ratio of 14.7 that's perfect....so if you combine the Jet V-Force w/V-AFC, that's murder, and your talking about a extreme difference.

vnt



------------------

1997 Prelude (Non-Sh) Eucalyptus Green "TEAM ALL SPORT RACING"
AEM Intake, 5Zigen Fireball Exhaust w/Gutted Cat, 18 Degree Advanced Timing, DC C/C Header, DC Short-Shifter, Gutted Interior, Sprint Race Springs, Front & Rear Strut Bars. Clear Lenses All Around w/Hiper White Bulbs & Alteeza Tailights.
[email protected]
"BIG BLUE FLAME"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
why should i need the V-AFC if i already have the V Jet Force??
 

·
another SS->5spd!
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
I have both the JET Vforce and VAFC.
The Jet vforce automatically calibrates the a/f ratio, the vafc allows for more fine tune and lowering the vtec point.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
I have both the JET Vforce and VAFC.
The Jet vforce automatically calibrates the a/f ratio, the vafc allows for more fine tune and lowering the vtec point.
</font>
What is the redline with this ecu?



------------------
95 Prelude VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Hey guys I have a question, is this a replacement ECU for our ludes? Can this thing get rid of the engine check lights like when I take out the cat??

on Jet's website there is a "Computer Upgrade" and "Jet V-Force", what do they do exactly? Does it replace the stock ECU???

THanks!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
Hey guys I have a question, is this a replacement ECU for our ludes? Can this thing get rid of the engine check lights like when I take out the cat??

on Jet's website there is a "Computer Upgrade" and "Jet V-Force", what do they do exactly? Does it replace the stock ECU???

THanks!!!!!

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
I was rear ended and I had an exhaust leak. But I had to install it. It dropped my 1/4 mile times about .5 seconds on gtech, which is consistent, thats the point. It worked well for me. I have a post somewhere with detailed numbers on gtech in comparisons. Do a search if you want.</font>
how much hp does that translate into? Is it a chip or an ecu?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scriber:
b]</font>
how much hp does that translate into? Is it a chip or an ecu?

It's neither, it's like the the VAFC or Fields thingy, it [iggybacks onto the signals going to the ECU to trick into leaning the a/f ratio and advancing the timing. Not that that's bad, just that it isn't as versatile as a stand alone replacement ECU (though a hell of a lot cheaper).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,152 Posts
Yeah, its not a direct computer upgrade, it wires into the sensors, gets a reading, calibrates it and sends the new air fuel mix toteh computer, same w/ ignition.

However it will not take care of check engine lights. If you do get one make sure you get the upgraded version, ti has holes in the back as vents, the older oens may trip a check engine light on accords and other cars. Haven't heard about an probs with the lude and that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
How does the v-force work? Or maybe the question is, why get a v-force if you have a vtec sfc controller? If the v-force only uses the throttle position and map lines, what does it do at WOT? Can it actually extract more power? I don't care about "more power" at partial throttle, personally. Or, does it do something to fool the computer such that it still has an effect at WOT?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vidgamer:
How does the v-force work? Or maybe the question is, why get a v-force if you have a vtec sfc controller? If the v-force only uses the throttle position and map lines, what does it do at WOT? Can it actually extract more power? I don't care about "more power" at partial throttle, personally. Or, does it do something to fool the computer such that it still has an effect at WOT?</font>
If you have a VAFC, you already have a better a/f tuning tool than the v-force which is non-user programmable, it's one size fits all, no matter what your mods or engine conditions. The only thing it adds is timing advance, and Apex'i also makes something for that (who knows how it works though).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
Wouldn't the V-force in affect, make a honda DOHC VTEC's operation closer to that of either the Celica GT-S or the new RSX engines, just based on the advanced timing??
Just its ability to optimize the timing makes it sound well worth the money to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
2 of my friends with Preludes tried this out and there was definently some gains from the modification. It consistently lowered the 1/4 mile time by about .3-.5 seconds. We did multiple GTECH runs on the same night to test it out with it ON and OFF.

Thats another good thing about the Vforce is that you can turn it on or off just with a switch...

The only thing is, on Tony's 2000 Prelude SH the VForce was setting off the check engine and ATTS light

but on Guy's 99 Base prelude it did not set any lights off.

i was impressed with this mod
 

·
another SS->5spd!
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
I bought the JET off Tony and is having trouble with the engine light problem. I have e-mailed Tony about it and see if he can send me the reciept for warranty. If you see him sometime please pass the word to him.

Thank you.


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PassatVR6:
2 of my friends with Preludes tried this out and there was definently some gains from the modification. It consistently lowered the 1/4 mile time by about .3-.5 seconds. We did multiple GTECH runs on the same night to test it out with it ON and OFF.

Thats another good thing about the Vforce is that you can turn it on or off just with a switch...

The only thing is, on Tony's 2000 Prelude SH the VForce was setting off the check engine and ATTS light

but on Guy's 99 Base prelude it did not set any lights off.

i was impressed with this mod
</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
I'm confused.. so is the one that was on the 2000SH the older V-Force that had the problem? And it's fixed for sure in the newer ones?

From the way y'all talk, it sounds like whatever it's doing, the ECU isn't undoing it?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top