Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of choosing a redundant isp solution for my company and am just wondering if any of you have ever used or are using Fatpipe Warp or F5 Big-IP. I've got it narrowed to these two products and have similar capabilities. Any hands on experience? Thanks.

·
Theoretical Physicist
3,621 Posts
F5's stuff is top-notch. They are the market leader in traffic management, and the company has been around for many years. They have great products. And F5 has great product support too.

We used to use the BIG-IP on the IRS.gov website. And that is a VERY high traffic website. In fact, on the days leading up to April 15th, IRS.gov was the #1 traffic site on the internet - more traffic than yahoo.com. We handled all that traffic with only 6 to 10 webservers at 2 geographic locations using just 2 Big-IPs. If two Big-IPs can handle IRS.gov on April 14th and 15th, it can handle anything.

Andrew

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you used their product? I am wondering how the administration is going to be compared to FatPipe. I've read some white papers on the matter but it doesn't really tell me how it would in reall world situations. I use another F5 product already and their support is good when you get them. They seem to be a bit short staffed to me. At least when I call them anyway. Both companies are telling me they can have it up and running in about an hour (no tweaking of course). Then why the hell are they charging me for the install lol.

·
Theoretical Physicist
3,621 Posts
I have played with the BigIPs but I was not the admin for our IRS.gov site. I was the security manager. But I saw first hand the kinds of loads and throughput that BigIP could handle and it was always rock solid with excellent performance. It was also great at filtering and tossing any DoS traffic that happened to make it through the firewalls.

There is really not much to administer with the BigIP. You set it up once and let it do its thing. The only time you really need to mess with it is if you are adding additional servers or removing servers permenantly.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts