Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my car a few months ago, havent made many posts, anyway i was on on my way home from work tonight and i started hearing a very scary sound from my front passenger tire, got out and looked and right now my tires are almost down to nothing, but that tire is fallin apart, i can feel some of the metal from inside the tire. I really dont care casue i just bought some rims and tires last night, wierd timing huh! But what was happening is a piece of the tire was wavin around and hittin the inside of the wheel well. So i drove home like that 2min away and went to put on the spare, when i went under my trunk to get the spare i had noticed that the bag of tools to get the tire on and off were gone, so i had to use the ones from my 90si lude. Got the tire off and everything but the spare does not fit on the car, it looks like the spare was never even used but the holes dont match up with the car and wont go on, i even tried it on the bac tire too. Any ideas why the spare wont fit, u think someone could tell me exactly what it says on the fourth gen spare tire and what kind it is so i can see if it is the right one, i hope the previous owner didnt switch it cause it definitely didnt go on, and i thought it was weird that the tool bag was gone also, any ideas???

·
Unregistered
5,760 Posts
brendon2k said:
are the holes too close together? someone might have replaced the spare and gotten one with a 4x100 pattern instead of 4x114.3.
sounds like your problem.

one of my friend's got a flat tire and the spare didn't go on.... turns out the girl's grandfather had swapped otu the spare with one from another car for god know what reason.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
8,239 Posts
My car didn't come with a spare :eek:

I have to use one of my Si wheels. I agree with the others. It probably got swapped out. You can get a good used tired for 10-15 bucks that will get you as a spare if your others aren't up to par. Hope your new wheels come in soon :)

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
What's a spare?? Hahahaha...:laugh: J/K. I tossed mine. If I had it, I'd send it to you, but you have new rims & tires anyway.

Good luck,
J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.