Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just outta curiosity, are there any preludes from HA around the Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater/Orlando Area?

I'm really dying to organize some sort of get-together, or even form a club or something (i don't think Mr. Carper's PVN chapter will do, consider he no longer OWNS a prelude).

On a side note, anybody in this area getting a JRSC installed? I need to find a good installer for my kit.

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
hey man, ill be coming to Tampa sometime in the next month to get my car tuned on the dyno. The guys that are doing it are the guys that ownder SpecR tuning. Ill let ya know when ill be there....

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
When is the SC goin in?? John from SpecR?? I dont think i can go as early as this sunday though.......... cash flow on low, i need a job.
Id really like to see your LUDE on the rollers wiht the SC on!!! let me know!!!!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I should be receiving a call from the shop hopefully sometime this week, if not tomorrow, regarding their available times. I was going to have John do it, but he said he was "overwhelmed at the moment" and referred me to a shop called LHT in St. Pete, i believe. Im gonna have to stop by and check them out personally, just to make sure everything looks ok. Once its installed, i'll hand it over to John for another dyno and any tuning that needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Btw, was there a specific limit on the dyno price? The reason i ask is that i'm pretty sure john would work out a nice deal for around 30 bucks or so. 2 weeks ago an rx7 club went there and got 3 runs in for 25 bucks (there wasn't any tuning though, just 3 straight runs). I stopped by and actually put my name on the list, but last minute obligation took over and I had to leave.

·
Registered
25 Posts
gainesville here, i goto university of florida. 2000 pearl white 5spd prelude with mugen header/exhaust, mugen rims, mugen everything! we should definately have some meet or something.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UF? Damn, you should have told me a month ago. I stopped by and spent the night there because of some stupid Pre-Med Forum that was a total waste of time. I'd rather have spent it checking out white preludes, instead! (Btw, no offense, but gainesville nightlife sucks a big fat one).

But, hell yeah, gainesville is only an hour and a half away, i think we could DEFINITELY do that. I say we wait til 2kluder stops by, then we'll find some crap to do .

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude we can get you a job here! I'll stop by USF's career division and find something for ya!

Tampa's a great city, not too big, not too small...just right (although it could use a little less hicks, drunks, and freaks, and those that fall into all three).

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beach? St. Pete and Clearwater are only 1/2 hour away!?!?! Nobody wants to live right ON a beach, just close enough where its located conveniently nearby, but far enough away to be apart from the tourism and low class beach crowd.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MacDill? Of course i know where it is! That's where i go for all the Bimmer/Porsche/SCCA autocrosses! VERY NICE track they have over there.

Excellent name for the web site. I've tried going to www.tamparacing.com to see if there were any preludes, but apparently the ENTIRE site is taken up by a bunch of loser civic/teg guys. Very few people seem to know what they're talking about (one of them being John of former Spec-R).

Btw, im up in carrollwod, specifically fletcher & dale mabry. Where do you go to school?

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey guys, I'm here in O-Town. Altamonte Springs to be exact... exit 48 on I-4. I'm down for any meets etc. in the area

------------------
Yum, VW GTIs for breakfast lunch and dinner...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.