Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running with NASA in Time Trials, with a track only prepared 3rd Gen. Prelude. I have only seen one other 3rd Gen car, a guy from Ohio who ran a couple of events here in the SE. Looking for ideas on additional car prep, and to share mine. We have a site Home. Please excuse that my two sons drive BMW track cars......:laugh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looking to have a 91 Lude setup to race in Ohio and surrounding areas by next summer. Will hopefully have another car by then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be glad to share my experiences building the car..... as I'm sure you are aware, there are not a lot of choices out there for aftermarket performance parts.

·
Zoom-Zoomin
1,461 Posts
There is/was one person running a 3rd gen in SCCA's ITA class. I don't remember his name but they were either in the midwest or south.

What have you done or planning to do for shocks, rear sway bar, header? Those are going to be you big hurdles IMHO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I'm currently running Tokico Blue shocks, H&R Race springs, stock bars with poly bushings and links. Hedman header port matched by adding metal around flanges then grinding to match. Have looked at ground control coilovers, even talked to Koni rep who has offer to build custom valved yellow shocks for +/- $1200. In the meantime I'm competitive, and having fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts