1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
are you moving to newport?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
YOu can't get a home that cheap in Newport can you? Unless it smells like mothballs.

--Sam

·
artificially sweet
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, the lender is in Newport. The actual purchase price of the house is 525K, but since I'm buying it from my aunt, who is in the industry and doing my loan, it's a special situation. I'm not putting any money up front. Lucky me.

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
sooooooooo in 30 years you expect the house to be worth a million?

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
PreludeChick89 said:
^^ oy! After the finance charges have been tacked on.. she's paid about a million for a home that isn't worth a million :p

I didn't think you wouldn't know how real estate worked..
sorry i didnt read the paper. i was just looking at the end price. my mind **** up cause of a chica

·
no diggity
1,127 Posts
congrats mae :bigthumb:

i know my employer gives me points off if i take out a mortgage from them, but that doesn't change the fact that housing is just too f'n expensive :laugh:

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
Can you imagine the interest on a million dollar home!?

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
What's bad is a house like hers would probably go for $120-$150K here.

·
Proud Daddy
4,863 Posts
Oh yeah, congrats. :)

I'm am happy for ya, but balk at California's cost of living.

·
artificially sweet
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
VeeTec said:
Oh yeah, congrats. :)

I'm am happy for ya, but balk at California's cost of living.
Yeah, I know. It's disgusting. :jape: But out of all the things I hate about Cali (mind you, I've lived here all my life) traffic is #1. The high cost of living I can deal with, but the traffic I will NEVER get used to!

Thanks people, I'm pretty happy about the deal I got. Mortgage is cheaper than my rent, I get to be a home owner (a dream that was starting to look very impossible), and I have a real garage! None of this gated car port crap.

The house has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a loft area. The exterior is kinda bleh, cookie cutter stucco house, but whatever. Here are some pics I printscreened from the appraisal.

Living room

Kitchen

Corner of the dining room

Loft and two of the bedrooms

1 - 20 of 74 Posts