Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ON my way south on the NJTP, i decided to stop being a pussah... and see how fast i could go on a straightaway and forget my faer of state troopers. Well due to traffic i decided to get off of it and i noticed that i hit 122 or so. Doesnt sound fast, but it is a ***** to hit vtec in 4 gear on the quiff SS. i have no idea where the tach was, but i glanced and saw it was above 5250. Car wasnt as loud as i thought it would be. Thats probably the fastest i have gone in my car, not in any car though. That record belongs to a Saab 9000 Turbo on Rt 80.

------------------
[email protected]
99 Pearl SS
NJ Prelude Group
Worst Page Ever

M

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
I swear this post was locked 2 minutes ago
</font>
I think PE deleted it and recreated it... hence I say he whored Joon

------------------
Malken00
[email protected]

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the same fear of getting cought. The fastest I've been in my car was 100mph. The fastest I ever gone was in an ITR doing 153mph. I refer to that as Scary Fast. My girlfriend has a friend w/ a crotch rocket that will do 190mph. Now that's scary.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99ludelover:
I have the same fear of getting cought. The fastest I've been in my car was 100mph. The fastest I ever gone was in an ITR doing 153mph. I refer to that as Scary Fast.</font>
In my car I've done about 130mph tops..probably shy of that but pretty close. Fastest I've ever been in a car was around 150-160mph in a friends '87-89 Turbo Trans Am...I can't remember anything but praying that a deer didn't jump out in front of us (I wasn't driving)..mind you this was in mid December in a rural part of PA at night. Now that's Scary fast to me...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Scary fast is when you shut the car off because of the rev limiter in 5th gear. @ 150+ it gets real smooth, but loud! According to a friend of mine, if you do the calculation of the gearing and the RPM when the car hit RL in 5th you are traveling @ 164mph. I am running 18's, but when you measure they are the smae size as stock!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
I did 165-170 on my crotch rocket last Fall... it is pretty damn scarry.

</font>
Thats moving along pretty good! what kinda bike do you have?

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
145...LA to San Diego...40 minutes...give or take a few minutes...that was back in hs too.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i hit 160 or a bit more in a '99 nsx-t for a few moments on I-5 from s.f. to l.a.... scary as sh1t, although the car was pretty composed and still pulling. the scary as sh1t part was that i saw some cars realllllllly far away, decided to slow down, and nearly rear ended them all because they came up so much faster than i expected.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
and oh yes, before anyone starts jumping around, everyone please keep in mind that it is NOT SAFE to drive this fast on public roads, even if it is a perfectly flat and smooth interstate as far as the eye can see. plus, the adrenaline rush will take a few months off the shelf life of your heart for sure.

kids, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
i hit 160 or a bit more in a '99 nsx-t for a few moments on I-5 from s.f. to l.a.... scary as sh1t, although the car was pretty composed and still pulling. the scary as sh1t part was that i saw some cars realllllllly far away, decided to slow down, and nearly rear ended them all because they came up so much faster than i expected.</font>

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
I tried going 90 mph on I-5 from sf to la and was pulled over before I could reach 85
Those cops in Tracy California are somethin else. I've concluded that Tracy Ca gets all its revenue from speeding tickets

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jspec81:
I tried going 90 mph on I-5 from sf to la and was pulled over before I could reach 85
Those cops in Tracy California are somethin else. I've concluded that Tracy Ca gets all its revenue from speeding tickets
</font>
BAHAHAHAHAHA...I used to live up in Tracy...the fastest I've ever taken my Lude to was about 130...scared the living **** outta me, so I backed off...hehe.

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

HAIL CURRY! www.rubberburner.com

1 - 20 of 22 Posts