Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Budonkadonk!
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious, but how many of you guys suffer from alternator noise?? be it barely noticeable or unbearable.

i have some alternator noise and i have no idea how to get rid of it, just wanted to know if a lot people just deal with it.

i ran my rca cables separate from my power cable, and all i use my amp for is to power my 6x9 sub. if the ground is too close to the rca cable will this cause noise? i'm getting really fed up with this crap.

·
Registered
777 Posts
DanYO said:
i ran my rca cables separate from my power cable, and all i use my amp for is to power my 6x9 sub. if the ground is too close to the rca cable will this cause noise? i'm getting really fed up with this crap.

i donno, i would doubt it. The power in the ground goes through a filter in the amp before being discharged to teh chasis doesn't it? i could be wrong, but why not more it and check anyways. Also your getting alternator noise in yoour subs? i had that , check your RCA connections in your amp, mine were cracked, i soddred it up and now its perfect again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
you shouldn't generally have problems with noise in anything japanese. what equipment are you using, and what gen. prelude?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
most of the time why you get noise
is a broken siganl somewhere or your alterantor is going bad or really straining

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have just a bit of noise in my 01. can't hear it unless the car is stopped at a light with the tunes turned all the way down. No big deal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
a ground loop isolator would fix the problem, but it also reduces sytem noise as well. i'd use that as a last approach.

move that ground away from the RCAs. then you can mark that off the list for sure.

make sure all the power wires are cleanly and securely mounted/attached. what kind of wire are you using? what kind of fuse(s)?

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
i still have it this problem, even after i brought it back to my installer......he said the wires are all away from each other and the ground wires are on the chassis

i just live with it....it sounds cool sometimes...sounds like im SC'd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts