Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOU LIED!!!
I opened up that little black thing and looked at the tweeters and they were facing the passengers!!! what a waste of 20 mins!

·
11,003 Posts
who said they were facing the doors??? they're facing towards the front windshield....
and it took you 20mins to get it out? dayam..

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
lol! and i want to test my new sig... =P

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
What good would facing the doors do?
Imagepree is right in that they face the windshield. You can flip them around so they face the passengers...
</font>
What he said. You must've took what I and others said the wrong way.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mine face the doors, the opposite door. the driver side tweeter faces the passenger door.

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
I also heard someone saying the tweeters face the windshield and took the time to take the speakers apart...let me tell you that the imaging and placement of the tweeters are fine, and there is no need to move them. They face the driver and passenger, not the windshield.

Neel

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nmehta211:
They face the driver and passenger, not the windshield.</font>
They most certainly do face the windshield unless someone has changed them already or they changed it on the later production cars. I turned the tweeters around on my 97 cause they were aimed at the windshield.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nmehta211:
I also heard someone saying the tweeters face the windshield and took the time to take the speakers apart...let me tell you that the imaging and placement of the tweeters are fine, and there is no need to move them. They face the driver and passenger, not the windshield.

Neel
</font>
Not in my car.......AND I have pictures to prove it at home. If any of you go in there and find that they already face the driver....either the owner before you already turned them around OR some Honda worker was half asleep and did it that way in the factory.

I know of 4 people on this board who have turned them around
Joon525
OvaDaLimiT
ImagePree
bronx99

------------------

[email protected]

·
&quot;PO Doc&quot;
1,484 Posts
wow...this is so freaky....

maybe our cars are possessed, and the ghost of soichiro honda turned the tweeters...

Neel

·
Registered
957 Posts
well, I'll check out how mine are in a week or so when I take my panels off to get my leather interior done.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SteveV:
well, I'll check out how mine are in a week or so when I take my panels off to get my leather interior done.</font>
Steve, if you're curious......you can take the tweeter out without taking the door panel apart.....only 1 screw holds that piece in besides the clips.

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Steve, if you're curious......you can take the tweeter out without taking the door panel apart.....only 1 screw holds that piece in besides the clips.

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 04, 2001).]
</font>
Yeah, I heard about that too. But isn't there a chance you can break that piece trying to take it off like that?

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SteveV:
Yeah, I heard about that too. But isn't there a chance you can break that piece trying to take it off like that?</font>
That's the ONLY way you can take it off....the only things that people break are the plastic clip the holds this bar to the lever and the plastic cap over the screw.
The cap over the screw is almost impossible to NOT break. I don't know of ONE person who hasn't broken it....it's cosmetic anyway.

There's a clip inside the panel that holds this bar to the door handle opener...just use a flathead screwdriver to push the BOTTOM of it off the bar that's all. Really easy.

Man I guess I should do the write up for this now huh???

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I don't know of ONE person who hasn't broken it....it's cosmetic anyway.
</font>
You do now. I've taken those panels off at least 3 times and never broken the screw cover. The trick is to use a really small flat head screw driver to pop it open and then don't try to open it all the way up.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

1 - 20 of 44 Posts