Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy, from an import car shop, wants to sell my friend a used painted factory body kit to him for a 5th generation prelude. How much would the price be for that? Would you consider buying from the seller or just go ahead and buy it from the dealership?

He requested 400 bucks for installation and all.

[This message has been edited by Fusion (edited April 27, 2001).]

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,891 Posts
very good price if in good condition

------------------
2001 EBP Prelude
#550/2500
OEM body kit
JDM fogs and blue valve cover
Happy luding

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
sounds like a good deal to me if it's in good condition... i assume you know that the oem kit *comes* painted. hopefully the one you're looking at hasn't been *repainted*!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fusion:
This guy, from an import car shop, wants to sell my friend a used painted factory body kit to him for a 5th generation prelude. How much would the price be for that? Would you consider buying from the seller or just go ahead and buy it from the dealership?

He requested 400 bucks for installation and all.

[This message has been edited by Fusion (edited April 27, 2001).]
</font>

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure if you guys know exactly what I'm talking about but I'm talking about those skirts from the dealership. It's just like how it comes with the Type SH. The OEM one is bigger then the dealership kind.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
there are two different things. one are the painted sills that the SH comes with. they are the same size / shape as the ones on the base lude, but they are painted to match the car. the other is the "OEM kit," which is a front lip, larger/more flared side sills, and a larger rear lip. this also comes painted. trust me; my car came with the former and i replaced it with the latter.

i still think $400 is a good deal if it's for all FOUR pieces and they're in good shape.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fusion:
I'm not sure if you guys know exactly what I'm talking about but I'm talking about those skirts from the dealership. It's just like how it comes with the Type SH. The OEM one is bigger then the dealership kind.</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts