Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to know if all VIS C/F hood comes in grade A or anything lower or higher, and how do you identified the grade by looking at it.

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
normally VIS is grade A, then you have OEM VIS, which had no badge, which is what i have. then you have VIS grade A+ which is what Steven aka pearl type SH has. it has C/F underneat, not the whole hood but parts of it. looks hot. then Grade AA i am unsure

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
they do have grade B that they sell cheaper to retailer...i know someone who's a family friend of the owner, if the price is way low, you're probably getting the grade B ones

·
Da Monkii
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As for as grade B can you tell the difference, or is it that thw C/F weave is not good and uneven.

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
not sure about that, i never come across to compare a grade A and grade B hood, i don't know how big the difference is, visibility wise

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i didnt even know they had different grades. This is interesting, let's get some more info on this people :)

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
do they disclose the grade level before you order or do you find out after you get it. How does that work?

·
Premium Member
1,813 Posts
i tend to believe most of the hoods out there are grade A, that's why you see they always mention Grade A on GBC, the only time i saw them using grade B is as a free gift when you order body kit i think

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
azninside said:
^^ hehe...free CF hoods w/ a body kit?! :twitch: :confused: :laugh: ::shrug::
lauggh but its true

my friend got one. i dont wanna mention the quality ...but lets just say its something i would never put on my car.

·
Registered
909 Posts
my friend has one that is probably grade B,. The CF doesnt wrap the edges it is just cut, the fitment isnt too great, and some of the weave isnt perfect.

·
Registered
601 Posts
brady that sounds like a C hood.

b is just like the a in quality except its edges arent rolled.

when you order a hood you just have to specify what you want. Its actually cheaper for the b and c hoods. and they start to weigh less from a to b and from b to c. Basically I think C quality would be for some hardcore racer looking to save an extra 5-6lbs or something.

·
Registered
457 Posts
yeah i also heard that but not exactly the same^^^.

what i heard is grade B = no CF wrap edges, not perfect fitment, CF weave doesn't look that good, and will possibly be faded after few months. but grade B also = extremely light weight, and you have to have hood pins otherwise it'll def come off on high way. and it's only recommanded for some extreme racers.

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
azninside said:

I didn't doubt it....I just thought that it was hilarious since the quality couldn't be too good ;) so did your friend actually put it on? what car was it for?
yea he put it on
:rolleyes:

he thought it was great... but who am i to say anything. it was a civic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts