Honda Prelude Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
do a search here or on the FI Integra hostboard forum. it would be "neat," but it would also be nearly, if not completely, impossible. :(

Tresch said:
has anyone every intercooled the JRSC kit? that would be neat! now hard would that be to do?

·
Registered
332 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but do SC's have BOVs?

Also, what maintenance is required for the S/C? I heard belts need to be changed, etc etc.. what's the average or expected life of the S/C itself?

Thanks.
-Brian.

·
*yawn*
13,632 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:
This may be a dumb question, but do SC's have BOVs?

Also, what maintenance is required for the S/C? I heard belts need to be changed, etc etc.. what's the average or expected life of the S/C itself?

Thanks.
-Brian.
It depends on the supercharger. A centrifugal superchager can have one but doesn't HAVE to. A roots type supercharger cannot have/doesn't need one.

Centrifugal supercharger

with a blow off valve

·
Registered
218 Posts
Joon525 said:

It depends on the supercharger. A centrifugal superchager can have one but doesn't HAVE to. A roots type supercharger cannot have/doesn't need one.
You don't need a BOV with the JRSC because the compressor (turbo or SC) is positioned after the throttle body. If the throttle plate closes, the air supply to the compressor is restricted, and large amounts of air cannot be "pumped" into the engine.

When the compressor is before the throttle body (just about every turbo and Vortech car you will ever see), a blow-off or bypass valve should be used. If you're driving hard and suddenly let off the gas, the throttle plate snaps shut.. but the compressor is still spinning and trying to force air into the engine. A BOV will release this pressure and can save your compressor from getting damaged by "compressor surge".

A blow-off valve openly vents this excess pressure, making the nifty sound that people like. A bypass valve vents the pressure back into the intake before the compressor, and tends to be a lot more quiet.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:
the compressor on the jrsc is internally lubricated and should not require any attention for the life of the vehicle. in all likelihood your motor will be toast long before the blower.

the belts need to be changed periodically, particularly the shorter drive belt. this belt is cheap and easy to replace. the long belt which replacest he stock serpentine belt should last as long as stock.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
cuseC08 said:
how long will my stock clutch last me after installing my jrsc?
that depends entirely on your driving style. if you never slip it or launch it i would expect it to last a very long time. if you drag race, or just launch and slip the clutch a lot, it will probably stop holding completely within 10,000 miles.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.