Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been covered, but I've had a few people tell me...

Where did you get your inspiration, or who's Prelude did you envy when you were modding your own?

I can honestly say when I bought my Prelude, there was only one white 5th gen that I was in love with... vwong's car.. He seemed to pretty much cover everything looks wise that I wanted to do, and then begin to do my own mods. And I hate him, because I love his TSX too now :mad:

I've had a few people say they liked mine a lot..

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
first prelude was a 2g, ended up with it as a cheap beater, didn't know what it was going to be till it was brought home...

from there, i discovered the internet, moved on to a 3g, and had a little bit of fun...

back in another 3g now, doing everything and more to this one, and enjoying the ride...

there's no one to inspire me, either, most have 4th and 5th gens, and very few 3rd gens i have come across or seen have much work done, let alone look great...

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a guy in Columbus Ohio... first prelude meet I ever went to, Bohl was there he probably remembers him.. he had a BEAUTIFUL black 3rd gen :)

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
first car was a 88 prelude si manual, current car is a 2000 base manual, they were both great cars

now if only another car came in manual :p

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
there are a few guys in washington and vancouver b.c. that have/had nice 3rd gens... a few of them i see somewhat regularly...

i've seen a couple that i really, really like outside of my little circle of prelude people i know personally... it's just that there's so few of them that are... innovative, if that's the right word...

it's almost better that there aren't that many i like... it means that i have to go out and do my own thing... such as trying to cram a JRSC on top of a b20a...

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
I had an 2000 Civic Ex auto. I wanted to switch over to a manual car. My friend purchased a useed 1999 Prelude Type SH and he taught me to drive manual with that car. Later I realized that he had an upgraded clutch :eek: My brother had a 4thgen 4WS Prelude and I liked the styling. So, I guess those two incidents brought me to my current 2001 Type SH. And I also wanted to stay with Honda as well.

As for modding it, well, that's just all me. No inspiration from people because I like to do things my own way.

·
.: :.
335 Posts
I dont think anyone DIRECTLY influenced me to getting a Prelude other than the fact that I love Hondas, this being my fourth Honda (fifth vehicle so far). I wanted a Honda that looked great, had some power behind it, was RARE-er ;) (by me there are very very few) and I have always loved the 5g..

Now I love anyone who has a clean Mugen look... There are two that come to mind but I am unsure whose they are... One is a really clean silver 5g thats almost all JDM looking, and another one that is black :D

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
I was looking for a clean look, but i would say the cars that inspired me the most were Iranman and I think his name was khilgers (black all mugen w/ ssr integrals).

But Tony and I also had very similar looking cars.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
i always liked preludes since the 2nd gen. this hot girl in school had a new 2nd gen (blue). i drove it a few times (the car too :) ). i wanted out of the mustang/camaro/trans am crowd. i wanted something that you did not see everyday and was reliable. so i narrowed it down to a ITR or a lude. the lude looked like a better car to live with everyday. i used to see your car everynow and then. and the guy that worked at sound waves that wanted to be like you. i guess you two are the inspiration.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Wanted to have one ever since the Car & Driver "best handling for <35k" article came out.

Only inspiration for modifications is what's practical/affordable for my driving ability & conditions.

·
3,670 Posts
I saw a 4th gen in superstreet about 10 years ago and I liked it:laugh: did a few mods to it that I liked and then when I got fed up with it always breaking I bought a 5th gen and started buying stuff that I liked for it and spent way to much money on it :mad:

·
Offical Girl Hater.
5,892 Posts
malken00 said:
There was a guy in Columbus Ohio... first prelude meet I ever went to, Bohl was there he probably remembers him.. he had a BEAUTIFUL black 3rd gen :)

Yea, that was my friend Randy. Damn man, that was so 1999 :laugh:

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Well.. I followed Billy's (71dsp) car until he gave up on all the cool engine work that he was having Endyn do. There was another guy that had Racing Hart CP-035s on his car that I thought was gorgeous, but other than that... I didn't have one car that I followed. I just watched everyone's projects to see what worked. And then I sold my Prelude. :p

From the S2000 world, I really like what Fred Perra (fperra from s2ki) has done with his turbo S (I think he's making ~500rwhp now, and the car is aesthetically perfect). I don't have the budget to follow in his footsteps, though. I'd much rather follow in Rylan's (krazik from s2ki) footsteps w/ his full-race NA S2000, though.

·
¡¡¡ǝɹǝɥ sɐʍ sdnʇuǝɯǝɔ
5,889 Posts
I always like the Prelude since the 3rd gen. Always said i would own one and when my sister-in-law told me there was a blue Prelude in the showroom at the local dealer I had to see it. i kept asking her if she was sure since they didn't make Preludes in blue at the time. I peeped it thru the window that night and went back the next day and bought it off the shoowroom floor.

As far as styling, I just new I wanted to keep it clean so I stuck with the OEM kit and spoiler. i had already knew the Mugen Mz3x wheels for hte Prleude so i made it my goal to unt down a set. I actually had most of my mods done before i even got on PO. the only thing that cameafter was my wheels and V-AFC.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
I loved the 3rd Gen and then when I was in the market I wanted a 4th Gen VTEC but try finding a mint one. I HATED the 5th gen because of the headlights then one night I had seen a white '98 under some street lights in front of a local dealer and had to have the car. I test drove it the next day and after some issues with the dealer wound up with a '99. There were bunches of 5th gens I like but I was never trying to get any one persons look.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts