Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
honda specs are ±1 so your call. If you go w/o a camber kit, make sure to rotate your tires at least every 5k. I'd just do it when you do an oil change.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
hey, do they charge you to check your alignment?

because I think my body shop is ripping me off, because I swear car pulled to da right, but they say my alignment is "DEAD ON".
but i NEVER trusted those fools

------------------

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
hey, do they charge you to check your alignment?

because I think my body shop is ripping me off, because I swear car pulled to da right, but they say my alignment is "DEAD ON".
but i NEVER trusted those fools

</font>
check your tire pressure, thats the easiest explination. i guess it depends whre you go whether they charge youor not. Just ask them i suppose

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Placid:
is -1.55 in the rear, and -1.2 in the front bad (camber)?

I'm lowered 1.4"

</font>
Normal for being lowered, and you can't do anything about it w/o a camber kit (which I hear there are no good ones for the 5g). The important thing is to be sure the numbers are the same left-to-right. If they are off, then you'll get unwanted pull or tracking.

Be sure to keep an eye on your tires- with those numbers, you WILL wear the inside edges of your tires first.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
And now for the answer--You ARE out of spec on both ends. The front spec is 0 degress +/- 1 degree and the rear has a range of -1.8 to + 0.3. Ideally you should be at whatever the car was when shipped OR slightly negative at 0.2 to 0.5. You can go more negative in the rear if racing only, but tire wear in a case like yours will be higher than normal.

For everyone who thinks nothing is available that works on a 5th gen to correct camber-Yoiu are dead wrong. Parts for mine came from Ingalls and Specialty Products and worked perfect on my 99 Base SS. If you have an SH there is a company that says it has parts for the front-Northstar Manufacturing.
Want more info--e-mail me.
BTW: make sure the Toe-in is set correctly.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 25, 2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts