Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to look for an aftermarket alarm system to put in a 92 lude. (Had some problems w/ theft-muffler cut off and "H" emblems stolen).
Any recommendations on a good alarm system? Looking for a really good one that will keep people away.
Thanks

------------------

·
Registered
263 Posts
while on this topic -- i have a quick question

how are the viper alarms? is the 300 model any use at all, or a waste of money. should i go up to the 500/800?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
im planning to get the aladdin 2000 once i summer hits...

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
200 Posts
With the problems you've run into I suggest the pager alarm system. On the pager, it will let you know what type of attack is being done to your car.

good luck

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SSAccuracy:
With the problems you've run into I suggest the pager alarm system. </font>
i thought you said "paper alarm system" for a second. maybe i should go to bed.

oh yeah, i have the clifford intelligard 7000, it's just under $400 installed and i love it.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:

So you decided aladdin instead of compustar? I dunno, i never compared

</font>
hmm... i dunno, i just always had my mind set on that one instead of compustar. plus it has like 2 more useful feautures over compustar... i cant remember right now what thry were but i remember reading about that in that long thread about a guy who just got his compustar in and posted pics and stuff... that was awhile back.

hey, if u get an alarm too, we should go get it installed together... maybe a discoutn? though i doubt it =T

------------------

CURENT MODS:
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
-UR pulleys set SS

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
Yah, it was jkoc...i recently helped him install that trunk popper thinger...

Those two features i remember were quite useless....something like vibration alert or somethinng to that sort...i just remember i didn't care for it. I guess i like the compustar cuz I remember the display being much clearer than the aladdinn. Oh well, i dunno. Anyways, i already have an alarm...don't think i'm gonna get another....

------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•A music video my woman appeared in•'

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yea thats one of the things, and i totally want the vibrate option. think of it as the vibrate option on your phone that u use while ur in the library or class or some place important where the sound of your phone would be disturbing. thats why i really like to have the vib ability

oh yea, i totally forgot u ALREADY have an alarm! hahaha

------------------

CURENT MODS:
-UR pulleys set SS

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ordered an alarm off of autotoys.com? They seem to have good prices.
Also what are some other good sites for alarms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ordered an alarm off of autotoys.com? They seem to have good prices.
Also what are some other good sites for alarms.

·
Registered
826 Posts
thought id chime in here on the CST-2000 vs. A2000, i just bought a compustar 2000AS over the aladdin 2000 after hearing jkoc's review of it a few weeks ago... ive been havin some probs shortly after installation but its all strictly programming, its been a while cuz i didnt get it installed at an authorized dealer as well

after doin the comparisons for quite a while, the turbo timer and vibration were the only two features that the aladdin offered, but personally i felt that the CST had a bit of a better dealer network... if you really, really need the vibration then go ahead with the a2k, but i havent had any falses (even with the shock sensor set on max), and when i do get an alert id prefer to hear it as loudly as possible, hehe

but ah well, aside from those differences the systems are pretty much identical, so if you're set on the a2k then its fine

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

(my car on the left, my girl Aishwarya Rai on the right)

·
Registered
826 Posts
yeah, personally i think the compustar has the better looking remote

btw, would unplugging the negative battery terminal reset the alarm-brain and its programming? of course the ECU/radio will also be reset, and im fairly sure the alarm doesnt have another power source

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

·
Registered
800 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carisear:
while on this topic -- i have a quick question

how are the viper alarms? is the 300 model any use at all, or a waste of money. should i go up to the 500/800?

</font>
The viper alarm on my truck (600 series) is a POS. I've taken it in to the install place every year since I bought it cause something has gone wrong. I've had the alarm brain replaced once and I'm pretty sure it needs done again. Personally I would steer clear of viper.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
826 Posts
almost all the installers out there will recommend a DEI system tho, so replacing/buying one (viper, python, hornet, etc.) is the easiest way to go, kinda sucks considering theres no other really reputable names in the industry right now (cept alpine of course)

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

·
Registered
263 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by K i o n:
almost all the installers out there will recommend a DEI system tho, so replacing/buying one (viper, python, hornet, etc.) is the easiest way to go, kinda sucks considering theres no other really reputable names in the industry right now (cept alpine of course)

</font>
hmm, yeah, i've gone to a couple big shops, and they all basically only sell vipers, and say DEI is the largest alarm maker, and they would recommend them, or alpine -- but since they don't sell alpine, go with dei. what would be a good alpine system that has the same basic features as the viper 500/600 ?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
TO THE GUY WHO HAD HIS COMPUSTAR SYSTEM INSTALLED AWHILE AGO:

i went back to that thread long ago but the pics didnt show up anymore since it was so old.

can u or anyone else post pics of the compustar pager?

------------------

CURENT MODS:
-UR pulleys set SS

·
Registered
826 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carisear:
what would be a good alpine system that has the same basic features as the viper 500/600 ?
</font>
im not sure what features that system has, but if you're looking for remote start, then the 8028(i think?) is your best bet, theres only two remote start systems, one has an LCD display and the other does not, the display-version is just a waste of extra cash, it just gives a history of when the alarm was triggered, (lotta good that'll do ya AFTER they rip off your stuff)

anyway, i got my compustar installed a while ago and i have pix of the pager, but they're at my comp at home and i wont be back for another 4 1/2 hours.. jkoc is the first one here that got it installed too, so if he sees this then he can post as well

the pager looks a lot bigger than it really is on the site, its jus like 1cm longer/wider/thicker jus to give you an idea for now

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

1 - 20 of 29 Posts