Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i got the power and ground to my autometer air/fuel ratio guage installed, just gotta tap into the 02 censor or whatever. where is the best p lace to do this? i would think inside the car would be easiest, so can someone tell me a little bit of an easier to get to it? and where is it on the ecu, i have no helms, AND I DID A SEARCH, AND CAME UP WITH ALMOST NOTHING. nobody gripe at me about trying to find it myself, this guage has to be on tonight, so i would rather u just tell me, so how about it, whats the easiest way to do it? and when u first crank up the car, will it sit on rich or lean till it warms up?

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i got the guage on and everything but its not reading right..i dont know why, but i stays with oe barn lean and u hardy see it at all. i was even driving at night and i could not see it at all. what is the problem here? i tapped into the white wire on the last harness, second row down. i dont see where im going wrong here, so someone enlighten me...

·
WHITE RUSSIAN !
2,170 Posts
i'm gonna do these myself soon good i dea someone ask the same question i was going to ask:D

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
i wired mine to some wire near the throttle body

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone else have any insight as to what my gauge is doing and why it wont turn on and stuff?

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
there are 3 wires

make sure the other two are wired correctly, and make sure your ground is a good ground... that there's no paint all over it and stuff

if u grounded it where there's paint, either 1-sand off the paint
or
2-ground it somewhere else

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
u think that is why im so dim and everything? bc there is paint there? hmm....ill try that in a second....im gonna try to im u...thats wierd though bc m dvd player isgrounded thre with no problems...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bump....

anyoneknow what the deal is? the wire wouldn't be different on an sh woudl it?

·
Retired, sorta
4,968 Posts
typeshlude2001 said:
bump....

anyoneknow what the deal is? the wire wouldn't be different on an sh woudl it?
just make sure u tapped into it correctly.. that the wire was stripped all the way.

the quote taken from dohcpower, he has an SH.. so dont worry about the wire being different

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
most likely its a loose connection or loose ground. I grounded my gauges on the door hinge. Also try to solder or at least wrap the wires together very tightly.:)

·
Registered
880 Posts
the air/fuel meter is a bit tougher. there are three wires to hook up:
ground, power and the air/fuel signal from the oxygen sensor. the
ground is easy to do. for power, i used the cigarette lighter's power
supply again. just use wire taps. they can be bought at autozone. there's
like 5 in a box. they wrap around the wire and you use a pair of pliers to
force down a metal piece that taps the wire. get the ones that have the
spade connector. otherwise the wire can't be pulled off. you would have
to cut it off if you wanted to remove it. last is the oxygen sensor wire.
there's two ways to do it. one is to tap the o2 sensor directly. i didn't do
that so i won't tell you how. the second is to tap the wire that goes into
the ECU. it is a solid white wire, near the end of the ecu harness

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I just spliced into the wire going to the ECU on the passenger side. If I remember right the wire was solid white (there are a few white wires with colored stripes, but only one solid white one). Then just make sure you have a good 12v connection and a good ground. Also, you will get fluctuating readings while cruising around. The only time you will get a constant readout is when you are WOT.

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
if your getting a lean reading, then you tapped the wrong wire. im assuming you tapped a green/yellow wire? thats the negative heated o2 wire. its wierd, it will look all dim and when you drive it will slowly light up more. you need to tap into the white wire.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
So it's better to use the o2 sensor in the manifold rather then the cat? Why?

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
way to bring this back from the dead. you tap the one out of manifold(primary) because its more accurate of what is comming out of the engine. the other one is in the cat, so it will be a different reading.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
vietluder2k1 said:
way to bring this back from the dead. you tap the one out of manifold(primary) because its more accurate of what is comming out of the engine. the other one is in the cat, so it will be a different reading.
Some times it's just better to bring up a tread from the dead then start another topic IMO, but hey, thanx for replying, I'm going with the primary sesnor in the manifold.

·
Registered
640 Posts
yeah I agree with you although the turnover rate is high on forums and you will more than likely not get a reply from the originals

·
Row-Bee Mmmkay?
286 Posts
can anyone post up pics of this hook-up, as far as what wire to tap into, and where it is? also, what color is the wire for the o2 sensor from the back of the gauge?

·
Boost Junkie
456 Posts
tap into the "white" wire before the plug on the o2 sensor BEFORE the cat. and yes you have to go under the car and jack it up....lol. i have a drawing but how can i post it??? invalid file type, what does it have to be? help me so i can help these guys.
thanks
raul

1 - 20 of 29 Posts