Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
??? Can you be more specific? When I had my Skunk2's installed on stock shocks, it would squeak sometimes. Maybe b/c my drop was too low, it was squeaking all the way home from the shop until I pulled over and raised the height.

SAM

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Oh I see what you're asking, mine just magnified whatever sounds were already there, but I also have a small squeak, and occasionally a spring will go "sproing" when I first start out in the morning. I just have springs and adjustable struts.

·
Registered
658 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gLudeous:
Oh I see what you're asking, mine just magnified whatever sounds were already there, but I also have a small squeak, and occasionally a spring will go "sproing" when I first start out in the morning. I just have springs and adjustable struts.</font>
Yes! The morning SPROING! I have it too, though only once every few months.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I know of no way around this......I think you (we) just have to learn to deal with it.

</font>
yeah.. after few visits to King motorsports and honda dealerships.. now I know I have to deal with it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
ywwong,,besides the noise, how do you like your brand new suspension??
I am considering the Mugen right now,,
do you think it is worth it??
handling wise,,,

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Night_hawk:
ywwong,,besides the noise, how do you like your brand new suspension??
I am considering the Mugen right now,,
do you think it is worth it??
handling wise,,,
</font>
give me your email address.

·
Registered
274 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ywwong:
yeah.. after few visits to King motorsports and honda dealerships.. now I know I have to deal with it.

</font>
Hey ywwong. I got mugen suspension and my does squeak when is cold but only if its rough road. You had a post about DC rear lower bar before that it was making noise.After I read it I took my off and most of the noises went away. I think we should write to mugen and ask them if they used the same collars like on the oem suspension(since the same company makes oem suspension and mugens showa)
http://www.sonic.net/~danm/shock/

Im very happy with my.

[This message has been edited by Molas (edited April 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Here's a thought for everyone-lube the bushings. If you even have 1 poly bushing that will cause all sorts of squeaks. I know as my Civic's ST sway bars are mounted with poly bushings even on the links. I now have squeaks coming from my Neuspeed rear bar on the 5th gen-the silicone grease is being squeezed out of the poly bushings. Make sure that all of the hardware that passes thru a bushing is properly torqued and that the bushings are properly lubed (whatever Honda recommends).

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molas:
Hey ywwong. I got mugen suspension and my does squeak when is cold but only if its rough road. You had a post about DC rear lower bar before that it was making noise.After I read it I took my off and most of the noises went away. I think we should write to mugen and ask them if they used the same collars like on the oem suspension(since the same company makes oem suspension and mugens showa)
http://www.sonic.net/~danm/shock/

Im very happy with my.

[This message has been edited by Molas (edited April 04, 2001).]
</font>

hmm... should I say.. i m glad to hear that you got the same problem with your mugen suspension.... yeah.. after taking off the DC bar 80% of the noise went away.. because of the clearance problem.. but then after than.. the squeak only happened when the road is rough.

it is not unbearable...

except the noise.. i love my suspension too...

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ywwong:
Everybody said so.. i don't know if it is true or not. what do you think? </font>
Think of it this way; anytime you stiffen the car, more vibration and shock will find it's way into the unit body, thus you will get more noise, rattles, etc. You should ride in my car if you want to know what rattles are!!

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Today I took my headunit out of my car to send it to Sony for repairs right.

So today is the first time I have really driven with the music off. All 4 of my struts and springs squeak. The weird thing is, my Accord never squeaked and it was lowered on Eibachs. I might try to lube up my rear suspension tomorrow though.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
Today I took my headunit out of my car to send it to Sony for repairs right.

So today is the first time I have really driven with the music off. All 4 of my struts and springs squeak. The weird thing is, my Accord never squeaked and it was lowered on Eibachs. I might try to lube up my rear suspension tomorrow though.
</font>
yup... my old gen 2 integra never squeak like my prelude... weird huh?

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
All 4 of my struts and springs squeak.</font>
I lied about that. This morning only one or two of my struts squeaked. I can't tell exactly which ones though, I can just tell by the noise how many were squeaking.

I have also noticed (yesterday after fixing my sideskirt squeak) that the two front panels (above the front wheels) squeak if you press down on them. I am not sure if they might squeak while we drive though. But the squeak sounds just like the ones coming from our struts. I just need my radio back.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
I have the Koni/HR. No squeaking with this combo whatsoever. Then I added a camber kit and now the rears squeak like a *****. The front (Progress kit) doesn't squeak at all. The rear (Ingalls kit) squeak a LOT. Everything has been lubed too. I am actually thinking of taking them off if the squeaking can't be reduced or stopped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts