Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Prokits sagged, and it makes those
compression noises when i go over bumps
and it makes my car look REALLY cheap...
I know it's also due to da fact that
my stock shocks are worn out... but
is replacing my worn shock with tokicos
cure this problem or do i have to get
another set of springs?

------------------

·
Registered
149 Posts
are you sure the prokits sag? I think Eibach has a warrenty for that. I would assume its the shocks. Get good aftermarket shocks as your stock ones might be blowing out. Does your car oscillate up and down when you go over bumps/dips?

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DNA_Cyan:
are you sure the prokits sag? I think Eibach has a warrenty for that. I would assume its the shocks. Get good aftermarket shocks as your stock ones might be blowing out. Does your car oscillate up and down when you go over bumps/dips?</font>
yep, it kinda bounces over bumps, I think i am gonna just get the tokico blues when my tax refund comes in the mail.
hopefully this will fix the problem. but I just wanna make sure i dont need a new set of springs

------------------

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
yeah, i still go stock shocks.
i guess i have to see how it does with new shocks...
</font>
i'd look into something besides blues....get something adjustable

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't go with blue's man. My friend just put them on his AWD talon-never felt a crappier ride. I am guessing but I also think they made his 1" drop even lower. We have another friend with a talon and his drop was supposed to be about 2.25" and my friend with the blue's and 1" drop sits lower than my buddies with the 2.25" and stock springs. Just my opinion though.

Mark

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I have Ground Controls (Eibach ERS springs) on my 92 Si and Tokico blues in the rear, and they have been totally fine. I had to swap them out for a set of Koni reds in the front though, only because they wouldn't fit with the spacer needed for the coilovers.

When I checked around for the Tokoco blues, many places told me that they are better for the price than other brands' multi-adjustable models, so why pay more if you don't have to, and I was happy ever since- only went with the Konis for the size issue.

------------------
92 Prelude Si
Silver Bullet
Too many mods to list...
Check out setup at hondaprelude.com (4th gen., "BionicKris")

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i rode on tokiko blues for about 60,000 miles. you'll be disappointed with the purchase.

you can't just compare your current set-up then get new tokikos. of course it'll feel that much better because they're new.

but if you ride in someones car that has a nice suspension set-up you'll feel the difference.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bgod:
i rode on tokiko blues for about 60,000 miles. you'll be disappointed with the purchase.

you can't just compare your current set-up then get new tokikos. of course it'll feel that much better because they're new.

but if you ride in someones car that has a nice suspension set-up you'll feel the difference.
</font>
so what should be my next move?? Cuz I don't have $490 to go out and buy the koni yellows...
I heard Blues were only $270

------------------

1 - 12 of 12 Posts