Honda Prelude Online banner

aftermarket fuel guage

10K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  fendetta123 
#1 ·
Do you know anyone that makes an aftermarket fuel guage? I'm thinking about putting some guages behind the black glass on the right side. However I didn't want to mix aftermarket guages and stock guages. I was looking at the Apex-i EL2 guages since they're blue and will somewhat match the tach and speedo. They have a coolant guage so that'll allow me to replace the stock guage. But I haven't been able to find a fuel guage anywhere. So if anyone knows a guage series that has coolant, fuel level, boost, and fuel pressure, please chime up.

The other option is to lose the fuel guage and just use a low fuel warning light. Kind of like a motorcycle. What do you guys think about that?

#7 ·
Re: Re: aftermarket fuel guage

khilgers said:

what do you got in that thing?
hes the 4th gen with the jrsc i think:eek: :bigthumb:
right?

jonathan

#9 ·
There are only two guages on that side of the car: coolant temp and fuel level. There's 1/2 a dozen or so warning lights. Anyway my fuel guage isn't working so hot. Actually it hasn't been working for the past couple of years. It'll read full and then empty, and then something inbetween before finally settling on empty. I really need to take a resistance check on the sender and track down the problem.

The coolant guage on the 4th gen is pretty lame. It's a digital guage with 4 divisions. Absolutely zero resolution. It's always in the middle position when the car is warm.

So I wanted to add guages but I didn't want two styles of guages sitting next to each other since I think it'll look weird.

Oh, and sharkcohen is correct. JRSC in a 4th gen.

#11 ·
Even if you use an aftermarket gauge, you're going to have to somehow match the impedance (resistance) of the fuel gauge sender to the aftermarket fuel level gauge. I looked a few years ago when I thought about looking for an aftermarket fuel gauge and I recall that I could not find anything that matched the Honda's impedance curve.

#13 ·
Do you know anyone that makes an aftermarket fuel guage? I'm thinking about putting some guages behind the black glass on the right side. However I didn't want to mix aftermarket guages and stock guages. I was looking at the Apex-i EL2 guages since they're blue and will somewhat match the tach and speedo. They have a coolant guage so that'll allow me to replace the stock guage. But I haven't been able to find a fuel guage anywhere. So if anyone knows a guage series that has coolant, fuel level, boost, and fuel pressure, please chime up.

The other option is to lose the fuel guage and just use a low fuel warning light. Kind of like a motorcycle. What do you guys think about that?

Vehicle Car Center console Gauge Vehicle audio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.