Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I guess it was bound to happen. I'm not going to bore you with the details of why I decided to drive my beautiful Nordic Mist 97 Type SH into the back of a Pathfinder, but I'll just tell you what kind of damage I have. The hood crumbled up like an accordian, and the bumber is bent all to hell. My left front headlight exploded all over the pavement and the whole right side of my car got shoved back pretty hard. The right front quarter panel is now rubbing the passenger side door. Under the hood, my radiator was drilled, and I have battery /intake damage. The total cost of repair will be $4173.23

What kind of affect is this going to have on the performance/solidness of the car?

Should I sell my Type SH after it's fixed...or should I sell it and go buy something else.

I'm a little too pissed off to be making any decisions by myself, so I would like a little advice here.

·
Premium Member
9,091 Posts
If you sell you are f**ked. You are required by law to disclose the accident and will likely lose your ass. Be prepared to fight, and fight hard; demand the absolute best for your car. Be VERY discriminating. Body work is a total crapshoot, you never know who is working at the shop from one week to the next and there is NO way to tell if a shop will be good. Be picky, fussy, and *****y, and go to see your baby daily. Stay on them until they get it done right, and if they don't (or demand more money), go fight with your insurance.

That amount would seem barely enough to cover the hood, bumper, light, rad support, rad, battery, intake, quarter panels, and paint work. I'd be very suspicious and watch the shop like a hawk.

If you can get them to do it right, the car will be as solid as it was before. I don't recommend selling it- now that you've done this, you will likley lose your ass when you sell it (i.e. you're better off keeping it as long as you can).

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Silver- from ur description it sounds like mostly front end damage. It would be helpful to post some pics so we can get a better look! I agree w/Marcucci, u will lose alot in value when other ppl find out the car's been wrecked, my advice is to fix the car nice and drive it first, it something's wrong then sell it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
What's with Preludes getting into accidents lately?!?!?!?

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts