Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aloha, so my 00 prelude is having some issues,
i just changed the battery and alternator and lights went off then slowly started coming back on. come to find out was just a fuse so i changed my alternator for nothing but oh well.
but then i was taking a drive and i reved up my motor to almost the limiter and right after that the lights came back on. checked the fuse n its fine. i also noticed that the alternator is now magnatized at the pulley i found that odd i never noticed that before on any vehicle. also my code reader will not read any codes, it does turn on when i lug it on but wont read codes. also my abs light is on and was not on before.

side note diffrent problem i also have real strong smelling exhaust dosnt smell like oil or gas mostly just like exhaust but very strong people dont even wanna drive behind me to closely. 0 smoke just smell.
would bad o2 sensors cause this? would a bad 02 sensor create power loss at all? the car also feels a bit sluggish for sure. i recently changed a bad fuel injector thinking that the leaky injector was the cause of the smelly exhaust but no dice still stinks.

any help would be appreciated i did search but havnt found anyone with same symptoms.
mahalo

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think several lights coming on could be a grounding issue. Check all those.
Replace O2 sensor, it could cause the gasoline smell.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn XQ-AU52 met Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts