1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
must not be a real AEM...mines 1 piece

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
either one your getting yanked around or they made a 2 piece version to allow for the breather in the middle for hydrolock prevention... It does work some, but not as great as they claim.... I heard the best way to do it is to put a piece of screen in each one of the connectrs to collect water molecules if nessecary and it wont mess up the air flow too bad.. Im not gonna try it because I think thats not such a good idea.. If you worry about hyrdolock get a landscape tube and seal it and make a coolant line for it that comes in up higher... It will also add better flowing pressure...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine was only 1 pc as well. The one for my 3G Eclipse was two piece because it allowed for the stock air sensor box thing to be mounted in between. Maybe it's not for a Prelude?

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
If I remember correctly, the very first versions of the CAI AEM made for our cars were two piece. When I bought mine a couple years ago, they had already switched over to the 1 piece design. Chances are, if it's 2 piece, and it's new, it isn't AEM.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Ryan is right. The OLD AEMs are 2pc. They do not make a 2pc any longer for the Prelude.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, the pics I've been seeing must be generic ones. But if you look up AEM for Prelude, the piping is blue and two-piece.

Thanks! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts