Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while there has been many comments from both sides re this mod, i will try to give an honest hands-on review.

i've had these on now for about 400 or so miles now along with R4S pads front and rear. i feel the braking much more solid and sudden. real grippy. i feel the stopping distance has decreased, but i'm not sure which is more responsible, the front rotors or the pads. i am very happy with this mod, and would do it again. the solid feel is just great. i am STILL(damn you carparts!) waiting for my g-stop lines to go in with motul 600 fluid, but as is, very nice.

d

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
The AEM pads are made by the same company (nissin) that makes the OEM pads...I really don't think they're making that much of an impact other than the fact that you have new pads....did you get new rotors too?</font>
i'm not running the aem pads, just the front rotors. so yea, the front rotors are new and i have new pads front & rear.

------------------

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Hey how long did you wait till you replaced the pads and got new rotors? I have 28,000 miles on my car right now and I think I'm beginning to feel them wear down. Does that mileage sound about right?

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Hey how long did you wait till you replaced the pads and got new rotors? I have 28,000 miles on my car right now and I think I'm beginning to feel them wear down. Does that mileage sound about right?

</font>
Ray, i did this with 24300 on the clock. i didn't need to change the pads at all, just the front rotors, but you know how it is. depending on how you drive, 28K could be close for front pads, rotors i think should be fine unless they are warped, like mine were.

d

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Ray,
I think u definitely should change the pads after last sunday and B4 Poconos! Actually 28k mi on ur first set of pads is pretty good. I used to change my pads every year, I even had x-drilled rotors and carbon kevlar pads. Go figure.

As for ur rotors, unless u really want the AEM or other types of discs, u can always just re-surface/shave the disc to smooth it out again. Much cheaper than new rotors. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
11,003 Posts

</font>
i had my stock pads for about 60k and they still looked like there's plenty of miles left in them. on the contrary, my brother's maxima, he has already swapped pads 3 times before 70k... hmmmm

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
Time to call Trevor at H and A!

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

</font>
hey joon, i just replaced my front brake pads a couple weeks ago...i have 36k miles on my 98 base and i only saw about a 2-3mm difference between the new and old pads. I drive a lot of highway though and i only street race occasionally. So it all depends on how you drive. I changed my pads primarily becuz i needed new rotors (old ones were warped) so i decided to change the pads too.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Time to call Trevor at H and A!

</font>
i hear that HAWK pads are awesome along w/porterfield if that helps.

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts