Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
Are these basically more aggresive street pads than OEM? Are they any good for the track? Other than this I will have a stock brake setup excluding ATE superblue.

Thanks
-David
</font>
They are okay for the track. I would use something more suited for track use like Porterfield R4s pads. Are you wanting to use the pads for the street as well, or are you willing to switch pads at the track?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
i think he just wants a really high performance street pad, that can take abuse. but isnt really dusty, thats what im looking for. im interested in the AEM, anybody have experience with them?

------------------
Dan Yi
99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
www.MICrew.net

·
0 Posts
AEM's are made by Nissin, who makes our stock pads. I wonder what the difference is in the compound.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
501 Posts
i'm in the process of getting the AEM big brake rotors for my 5th. Gen. Prelude ( hopefully AEM will have the big brake kit available for the rear soon ), and from what i was told, the AEM brake pads produce more brake dust than the OEM pads. IMO i'd go with the axxis.

------------------
2k pearl white 5spd base honda prelude.

getting killed is easy, staying alive is work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put on Aem pads and SS Lines at the same time and after the break in period i definately felt a difference. My pedal seems like it feels softer, although i would say the performance is definately increased. Absolutely no dust issue either.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
i have axxis pads with slotted rotors and they work great together. I'm satisfied with them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
AEM's are made by Nissin, who makes our stock pads. I wonder what the difference is in the compound.

</font>
i guess it would be good, because the instant noodle is good itself.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i have aem pads on my lude....i'm quite satisfied with them, i paid $36 shipped....at the time i was decided between these and axxis metal masters, but i went with the aem's because i had heard so good stuff about them...they provide excellent performance in comparison to stock pads...brake dust is not too heavy and is of a light color so it doesn't get your wheels looking like **** after one day....and mine tend to only squeak right after i start the car when i'm braking at low speeds (which would be expected since they are metallic based pads and haven't had the chance to warm up)....i haven't had the chance to test them at the track, so i can't vouch for their 100-0 performance, but for street/aggressive street, they are great

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ahcjar103:
i have aem pads on my lude....i'm quite satisfied with them, i paid $36 shipped....at the time i was decided between these and axxis metal masters, but i went with the aem's because i had heard so good stuff about them...they provide excellent performance in comparison to stock pads...brake dust is not too heavy and is of a light color so it doesn't get your wheels looking like **** after one day....and mine tend to only squeak right after i start the car when i'm braking at low speeds (which would be expected since they are metallic based pads and haven't had the chance to warm up)....i haven't had the chance to test them at the track, so i can't vouch for their 100-0 performance, but for street/aggressive street, they are great</font>

cool im staring to like them, from what ppl are saying

------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37

·
Registered
810 Posts
99Prelude,

Perhaps I am the perfect one to answer your question. I previously had the axxis metal master pads, and I now have the AEM ones. Braking performance between the two is not very different. They both do a pretty good job in that department. However, what is different is the noise - the axxis pads used to squeak ALL the time, while the AEMs have yet to make any noise. The Ladies hate brake squeal. It makes people look at you, and wonder why the hell your car is making that gawdawful noise. Sends chills down my spine also. By the way this was on cross-drilled rotors, not the stock ones. I can't really comment about brake dust, because I don't get as much because of the cross-drilling.

Hope that helps.
LLL

[This message has been edited by LudesLudesLudes (edited April 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jbalzak:
I put on Aem pads and SS Lines at the same time and after the break in period i definately felt a difference. My pedal seems like it feels softer, although i would say the performance is definately increased. Absolutely no dust issue either.</font>
Did you remember to bleed the brakes afterwards?

------------------
95 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 with I.C.E.
98 Yamaha YZF600 with a D&D Slip-on pipe
AIM: DieselHua
http://www.streetimage.net

<A HREF="http://www.ha-deluxe.net/chat.htm" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
woa woa wait a minuite. i thought about getting AEM pads awhile back but i was told here that with just the pads, there wont be much of a difference in braking. the only difference i would feel if i get the ENTIRE big brake kit or at least some kind of performance rotors.

so just the pads can make a noticeable difference?

if so, im gona go buy some at my dealership and have them install it! its so damn cheap! the pads i mean... nothing like some $400ish mod im always getting. but how about the rear? anyone know a good brand that makes rear pads for the lude? but then it would look funny with AEM in front and somehting else in rear....

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
666 Posts
hmmm. so where can the aem pads for cheap?

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ng Luder:
woa woa wait a minuite. i thought about getting AEM pads awhile back but i was told here that with just the pads, there wont be much of a difference in braking. the only difference i would feel if i get the ENTIRE big brake kit or at least some kind of performance rotors.

so just the pads can make a noticeable difference?

if so, im gona go buy some at my dealership and have them install it! its so damn cheap! the pads i mean... nothing like some $400ish mod im always getting.

</font>
Hope all goes well, some dealerships will not install aftermarket pads, even though these happen to be made by the same manufacturer.

------------------
95 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 with I.C.E.
98 Yamaha YZF600 with a D&D Slip-on pipe
AIM: DieselHua
http://www.streetimage.net

<A HREF="http://www.ha-deluxe.net/chat.htm" TARGET=_blank>
</A>

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hawk brake pads are really good. You can definitely feel the difference. However, the brake dust will give ur rims a BRONZE look within 3 days. They also wear the rotors pretty quick, I had to get my rotors machined after 10k miles. If you are looking for noticeable difference hawk is a way to go.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts