Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i live in Colorado and the town i live in i need to be at stock height so that i dont scrape on everything. but i would also like to be able to lower down for trips and meets. Now ground control would that be what i am looking at??? I have no clue so post away.
Thanks Ryan

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
some sort of coilovers if you need to keep stock hieght. g/c and koni's are a common set up that work well. they will still probably lower you a little.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my friend has some neuspeed's on his probe.....he is just like you and lowers only for cruising. It takes him maybe 15 minutes to lower.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
wow 15 minutes.... I can do mine in 5.. I dont adise oyu use my method as it is stupid and dangerous.... I just jack the car up and stick my hand in the wheel well and hope nothing is cut off... Stupid, but I cna do front in back in about 5 minutes.... As long as I adjust them the same...

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
4,481 Posts
I can adjust all of my GC coilovers in about 5-10 minutes.

I was in the same situation as you. If you do get the Ground Control coilovers you will have a little drop. GC's drop you from .5-3.5 inches. .5 is very subtle. I doubt you would notice much with it.

I agree with Brendon that GC and Koni Yellows seem to be the most common setup. I, however, matched mine with KYB AGX and love the ride quality and stiffness when I need it.

If you lower your car then raise it up again you will need to realign your car everytime. I don't know if you are willing to spend the bones for that or not but it should be done everytime. If you have any other questions lemme know. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Check with your local alignment shops... There is a firestone around here that has a deal that you pay $129 for unlimited alignments.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Ground Control; buy the real ones, not the eBay models. Ground Control is much better quality then the knock offs sold. I have even heard bad things about the Skunk2 coilovers. I also recommend struts with your new lowering kit, KYB AGX.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys i got the money to spend so its gc coils undecided as to what struts but the advice is well taken. some dc headers and strut bars, Haha gotta love insurance checks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
keep in mind that if you get konis they will lower your car a few cm already. I noticed some tokico illuminas on ebay you might want to check them out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts