Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody in the NE feel like helping little old me adjusting the valves on my 4g vtec (usdm)? I would do it... but I kind of want some help for my first go at it, plus I'm going to need a few new valve cover bolts because some of the heads are gone(i had a spark plus pop out and fly through my spark plug cover piece at a really high rate of velocity; yes there is a pimple on my hood), gonna need to probably drill those out or something. ;)

- M

if you even read this thread, thanks, i know its a long shot in the dark ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would be like 234057983094875093475039459^2 tanks of gas for my car ;) if you pay that for me ill go. ;)

- M

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more or less worried about getting the damn valve cover bolts out (or whats left of them). any advice on that?

- M

·
Banned
262 Posts
They simply unscrew out once you have the valve cover off. You should be able to slip a 10mm Flaired wrench over the stem and down to where you can turn the whole thing out. I had two of them snap off just the other day. I will be buying new stems when I am done with my rebuild.. Honda hears me coming a mile away. later on bro

matt

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically my valve cover is being held on by like 3 bolts? Any idea on how much those bolts are? I'm gonna go Tue and pick some up in that case... Thanks bro :)

- M

·
Banned
262 Posts
Mattsy93vtec said:
So basically my valve cover is being held on by like 3 bolts? Any idea on how much those bolts are? I'm gonna go Tue and pick some up in that case... Thanks bro :)

- M
No problem
So from that parts list you need #9 and the chrome caps to match. I will be buyin these as well!! Good luck with it.

M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts