Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im think my next mod besides goin wit full mugen kit will be super charger, but i got a SS, should i be ok? also what type of torque, HP should i be lookin at adding also how much should it cut off 0-60 time. thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
i wouldnt throw that on a SS automatic dude. they have enough troubles alone (without f/i).

i also had an email discussion with jackson racing and they highly discouraged this lest you screw your expensive tranny. (thats why i got 5speed hah)

or i guess you can slap on a level10 transmission to replace the ss.



[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited April 30, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
dude, just install that ****...
people with 5spd says SS tranny is weak...
yada yada yada...did they fvcken engineer
this **** or what? they don't know ****.

i see a lot of foos with SS with Turbo with
much more boost than the JRSC...so if u got
the $$$, go for it!

------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,646 Posts
it's interesting to note how many people feel that the SS tranny is "weak," because some SS users here and there have had to go thru multiple trannies. However, mine is going strong, and I have other buddies who drive SS preludes who abuse their cars, and haven't had any problems (pending miles ~60k).

like others before me said, auto integras, and even auto civics have been perfectly fine with the JR...it's my belief that the same will go for the SS prelude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
ok. do it then. i was a former SS owner too. i was just giving some feedback frmo my experience with SS.

*shrug* the guy posted on here to look for suggestions. why are you dissing?


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
dude, just install that ****...
people with 5spd says SS tranny is weak...
yada yada yada...did they fvcken engineer
this **** or what? they don't know ****.

i see a lot of foos with SS with Turbo with
much more boost than the JRSC...so if u got
the $$$, go for it!

</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,053 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Too much $$$ with unpredictable re$ult$ and risk$. Look at it thi$ way:

2001 Prelude $port$hift + JR$C = CL Type-$

------------------
My new mechanic
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
Go ahead and do it if you want to. But I only say this if you will be able to get a Level10 tranny upgrade in the event that you have stock SS tranny problems.

$.02

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,814 Posts
dude, if you wanna see someone with a SS abuse his tranny, look at me...

i don't do dumb stuff like, revving it on neutral and pushing it into D, no stuff like that...
but i rev it high and spin out coming out of turns and stuff.
i bet most SS trannies break because dumb people neutral drop, and shift when they are not completely stopped

------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
if you put a charger on an SS it might not be that bad compared to a 5 speed. It really depends on how the tranny delivers the power regardless of how weak/strong it is. On my 98 TT Supra (6speed) I had 450WHP compared to my best friends 450WHP TT (auto). And for some reason(not that im a bad stick driver, im actually pretty damn good)
he would always beat me according to the way the automatic handled that much power and transfered it to the wheels. I had literally PURE wheelspin through second gear before i would start to hookup, even babying the clutch. He could roll into the gas and be a good half a car length before i would even start to catch up.

you never know it might be good, but just to be on the safe side i would maybe look into building your tranny even a little bit. leve10 has a transmission mod that runs about $300 minus installation. It reports a "bulletproof" transmission, but you have to pull the tranny.

peace
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
I drive my SS normally, only spank her once in a while. Until the SS blows, I will think it is strong enough
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,376 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imaplaya:
if you put a charger on an SS it might not be that bad compared to a 5 speed. It really depends on how the tranny delivers the power regardless of how weak/strong it is. On my 98 TT Supra (6speed) I had 450WHP compared to my best friends 450WHP TT (auto). And for some reason(not that im a bad stick driver, im actually pretty damn good)
he would always beat me according to the way the automatic handled that much power and transfered it to the wheels. I had literally PURE wheelspin through second gear before i would start to hookup, even babying the clutch. He could roll into the gas and be a good half a car length before i would even start to catch up.

you never know it might be good, but just to be on the safe side i would maybe look into building your tranny even a little bit. leve10 has a transmission mod that runs about $300 minus installation. It reports a "bulletproof" transmission, but you have to pull the tranny.

peace
</font>
Yeah Supra's have great automatic trannies




------------------
95 Prelude VTEC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,979 Posts
nope. i never did that..

i was pretty wimpy with the car at the time.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by joedaddy:
dude, if you wanna see someone with a SS abuse his tranny, look at me...

i don't do dumb stuff like, revving it on neutral and pushing it into D, no stuff like that...
but i rev it high and spin out coming out of turns and stuff.
i bet most SS trannies break because dumb people neutral drop, and shift when they are not completely stopped

</font>
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top