Honda Prelude Online banner

adding 4ws to my 94 vtec

10K views 33 replies 8 participants last post by  slipknot95758 
#1 · (Edited)
when i started my jdm climate control i started doing some wiring for this

i have the extra fuse added to the fuse box modded my fuel cluster to have a 4ws light in the far right lower indicator that isnt used. wired the front sub steering angle sensor that goes behind the wheel. all that runs to a plug i added in the cluster of plugs in the dash on the passenger side. i finished the harness today that runs to the back so tomorrow i am going t put this in and mount the computer. also tomorrow i have new tie rod ends for both the front and rear steering racks.

then on Friday(if my date doesn't pan out) the car is going in the garage for a while(again) and i am tearing the rear subframe and front rack out. i have to reuses some parts on my rack that were damaged in the accident the donor car was in. if i don't get to it Friday i will work on it before work on sat. then Monday i am off and ill try to finish her up then and when i have the evening off on Tuesday. the 4 wheel alignment is scheduled for wednesday. ill keep you posted. here are the few pics i have

add on harness from dash back

do you see the 4ws wiring in there?

just picked up the rest of what i need

got alot done today 4ws computer is mounted all wiring is 95 precent done just need to extend the wires through the engine bay for the steering rack and mount both racks now

waiting for the rear rack chillin and waiting

my dad hookin up some wiring to the 4ws computer

4ws computer mounted and wired (dad being a ham)

new abs computer in had to change both plugs and splice in a few wires and add 2

ok i worked on this for 2 hr so far had to go volunteer at the American cancer society and help them move some furniture so they old people didn't hurt them selves. this is as fr as i can go on the back so far there is a rear camber adjustment with the 4ws so i am having to overnight some bolts from la to the tunes of 48 bucks my discounted price for 2 bolts 2 washers and 2 nuts, they are 4ws 4g specific so no hope for a junk yard on these just gota pay it

now off to work on the front rack till 5

ok now for pics

new rear sub frame

motor mounted and wired plastic cove isnt on in this pic and the tie rods arnt on but its all finished except for those two bolts

See less See more
#3 ·
installing the componets is easy I have installed 4ws on 2 third gens is a 2.5hr job tops. this was a little more dificult so far because there just is so much stuff involved. im hopeingto have the wiring harness installed today. n fab up a braket for the computer sine I don't have al of the metal in the non 4ws car. im getting excited

#11 ·
all wiring is now plugged in and tucked away. it was a ***** fitting the 4awg wire for my amp the wiring for my suspension the wiring for my wide band the wiring for the front angle sensor and then the 10awg power wire for the 4ws, all through the one hole designed for the 4ws power wire

all in all it was fairly straight forward. if i didnt have a complete car to strip every single part out of i probably wouldn't have tried this

#12 ·
I do think it's extremely interesting how you are wanting to install 4ws, where most people over here strip it out at the first possible chance they get!!

It does make it a lot easier to drive with the full 4ws set up on it, but I generally don't notice any difference not having 4ws on my lude.

Is a really cool install though, and that's cool about having an entire car to strip apart! If only we were all so lucky eh? :)

#15 ·
no i didn't check the solders on it. i have this thing about opening electronics if it doesn't have to be done i don't, but if there is a problem i wont hesitate. its not to hard to pull the computer if i have to re solder it. i got my date today heading out through the delta to take pictures working all day tomorrow the actual steering components are going in on Monday

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.