and this is what he did

this is what he was seeing

Hurts to just look at it

[This message has been edited by THATPRELUDEGUY (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
104 Posts
OOOOOOUCH!!!

1st of all: Was the Prelude coming from the car wash, if so WHY?

2nd: who hit who?

3rd: WTF?

*scratching head*

------------------
99 Pearl White Prelude
AEM CAI
NEUSPEED front strut bar
Konig Tantrum 17x7 / Nitto450 215/40/17
Koni Sport / Eibach Pro-Kit
Clear side markers and turns signals
PIAA 1100x
NR Indiglo Gauges
RF AMP / RF 12XLC SW

·
Registered
52 Posts
Damn..........I'm sorry man..Did they declare it totaled..God i really think Senior Citizens need to pass an exam in order to keep thier license. This really hurts..sorry agian...

~SpeedCrazie

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">originally posted by ThatPreludeGuy:
So I get up early clean my car from tip to toe inside and out to go to the Palisades auto-x and meet some of you guys. On the way up there I stop to get a cup of coffee for my daily fix and this guy comes in and tells me someone just wrecked my car. I was parked in an end spot like I always do and someone (81 y/o man) came out of the carwash across the street and floored it! He went through the carwash parking ot, across the street, over a curb then over a parking barrier hit my passenger side door, quater panel, and bumper cover. He kept going across a VERY busy street almost taking out someone on a motorcycle into another parking lot hit the building then crashed in the loading dock. There were two cops sitting in the parkuing lot right where he ended up that saw the entire thing happen. I had my Advantix camera with me so no pics right now but as soon as I get the pics back I'll post them up. My stomach is soooo messed up right now I feel sick. You cuoldn't imagine how much time and effort I put into that car to make it still look brand new after 34k miles. I'm just lucky I wasnt walking back to it when this guy plowed through the lot. </font>
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NVR2FST:
OOOOOOUCH!!!

1st of all: Was the Prelude coming from the car wash, if so WHY?

2nd: who hit who?

3rd: WTF?

*scratching head*

</font>
that should explain it...

------------------
My Homepage
My Car on HondaPrelude.com

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off sorry about the big pics...I just re-sized them but they seem to still be big????

Anyway some old guy in that red car came out of the car wash full blast and went "through" my car across that street, hit that wall and then bounced into the loading dock. That black mark on my car is from his bumper! He hit my car in the air...thank god I wasn't in it or near it. And BTW I was parked straight...he pushed me over a godd 2 feet.

No I was not at that car wash..my car only gets washed by hand about 95% of the time

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SpeedCrazie:
Damn..........I'm sorry man..Did they declare it totaled..God i really think Senior Citizens need to pass an exam in order to keep thier license. This really hurts..sorry agian...

~SpeedCrazie
</font>
totalled? That's hardly totalled...of course, that whole side panel area will probly have to get replaced an all, but it looks mostly like sheet metal damage, and some rim damage maybe too...maybe get the rear 1/4 window replaced...not totalled though
thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
THATPRELUDEGUY
*hug*

i really hope you get a LOT from his insurance company...

that is such bull. the moron should be suspended for doing that CRAP.

was he on crack???? like how do you lose that much control over your car???

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
THATPRELUDEGUY
*hug*

i really hope you get a LOT from his insurance company...

that is such bull. the moron should be suspended for doing that CRAP.

was he on crack???? like how do you lose that much control over your car???
</font>
maybe it's one of those instances where the gas pedal got stuck? I heard that happened to a lot of camaros...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
daaaaaanng... thats hard to look at =/

but like superflea said, its not totalled.. just some new body pieces. Maybe go for the widebody kit?? :p

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
hey i realise this is off topic but uhh are those pics of your car with tanabe super H springs?

(what shocks?)

·
Registered
223 Posts
That sucks!!! These old people need to learn how to drive. It is hard looking at it because it is real similar to my car.

[This message has been edited by vteclude (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SuperFleaJQ:
maybe it's one of those instances where the gas pedal got stuck? I heard that happened to a lot of camaros...</font>
thats some scary stuff if it can happen. if thats the case, then if i ever get into an accident and its my fault, i should just say "my gas pedal got stuck!" and blame honda?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Kinda reminds me of my car...

It's in the shop right now...$4,620 damage. But I am getting the side sills and black peice under the rear bumper painted for free...

------------------
Chris
Premium White '99 base model Prelude

· AEM Cold Air Intake
· Type S shiftknob
· ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Street/Strip Disc
· Fidanza Flywheel
· Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Brace
· AEM Tru Power Pulleys

Stereo:
· Sony CDX-M750
· Precision Power PC4400.2 powering:
· Infinity Kappa 60.2cs 6.5" Components.
· Precision Power PC1400.2 powering:
· Single Image Dynamics IDQ 12 in a custom sealed box.

[email protected]

FOR SALE

·
Registered
997 Posts
That blows...but it wasn't as bad as i had thought it would be. However, u should sell it cuz after an accident like that...chances are ur car will never be the same.

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50

·
Registered
419 Posts
its gonna suck when we get old.. driving our preludes without our seat belt on and then our pedal gets stuck and we ram into a parked 9th generation RSX type Ö.. he should have popped it in neutral.. but in some instances you cant think properly.. that being one of them.. is that guy alive?

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Make sure to either sue him for depreciated value of your car, or make sure that his insurance covers the depreciated value. They will basically give you the money up front that you would lose in value because of the accident. Sometimes this can be a pretty good amount of money.

I forgot to mention that a lot of times if any of the pillars on the car are damaged, as your's clearly is, the insurance will total the car. My first prelude was totaled becuase of hail damage to the front pillars. I bought the car back from the insurance company at pennies on the dollar, and saved a Sh!t load of money. The car had a rebuilt/clean title.

[This message has been edited by Dr. James (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hopefully everybody involved was not injured..
thats the main thing!

[This message has been edited by Mr.RiceAdvisor (edited April 24, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts