Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week I replaced my Abs unit with a used one. I couldn't get the stuck bleed screw off, but bought a 3/8 drive socket with a 5/16 square head that fit the bleed screw from Home Depot online. HD calls it a female pipe plug socket, part # 1002-346-753. I replaced the original bleed screw with a M8-1.25 x 24mm long from Oreillys auto, part #13902, from Dorman's Help section. Hardest part was just screwing the six brake tube lines into the modulator unit. This was on a 1995 Prelude Si, H23A1, 2.3l, DOCH engine. Lot of work, but worth the effort.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hopefully, your ABS light does not come on. I did the same some years ago with a used ABS unit and it did not work. Honda dealers say yo have to use a new unit since they come already calibrated and when you install a used one it loses the internal pressure. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully, your ABS light does not come on. I did the same some years ago with a used ABS unit and it did not work. Honda dealers say yo have to use a new unit since they come already calibrated and when you install a used one it loses the internal pressure. Good luck.
I tested motor before installing n open the bleeder screw that still had pressure, now car drives great, no abs light, but brakes a little soft. Bleed master cylinder.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts