Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ABS light came on and pulled the code. The code is 62 which is "Ignition Voltage" according to helms. It says to check my charging system. What does this mean? Is my alternator going bad? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

· Registered
188 Posts
Erase the DTC code. Test drive the car. If the ABS light comes on again, and it's 62 again, then troubleshoot the charging system. Go to Section 4-23 in your Helm's manual. Follow the Fault Isolation chart...

· Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fr33duB said:
Erase the DTC code. Test drive the car. If the ABS light comes on again, and it's 62 again, then troubleshoot the charging system. Go to Section 4-23 in your Helm's manual. Follow the Fault Isolation chart...
How do I erase the DTC code? Reset ECU? Thanks

· Registered
188 Posts
To erase the code, if you're using the paper clip method, or if you have a service connector, make sure you got it connected to the 2P connector. Push the brake pedal in, turn the ignition to ON (II), while keeping the pedal in. After the ABS light goes off, release the brake pedal. The light will come back on, push the pedal in again, and then the light will once again go out. Release the brake pedal again. The ABS light should blink twice after a couple of seconds. If it doesn't, try again.

· Registered
1 Posts
To erase the code, if you're using the paper clip method, or if you have a service connector, make sure you got it connected to the 2P connector. Push the brake pedal in, turn the ignition to ON (II), while keeping the pedal in. After the ABS light goes off, release the brake pedal. The light will come back on, push the pedal in again, and then the light will once again go out. Release the brake pedal again. The ABS light should blink twice after a couple of seconds. If it doesn't, try again.

just tried this and it cleared my abs light, i havent test driven it yet to see if it comes back but i will later

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts