Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there every one. Im a first time user on P.O and i wanna know if there is a way to check and see if my ABS wheel sensor is the cause to my light going off. How might i go and check it. I already pulled the code and it read 4-8 meaning what i believe is rear LH wheel sensor. I pulled it off now how do i check to see if that is the culprit? I dont wana spend 125 bucks on a sensor if i dont need to ya know. i did do some research and found a thread about shaving some rust off to make it work. any help would be great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello there every one. Im a first time user on P.O and i wanna know if there is a way to check and see if my ABS wheel sensor is the cause to my light going off. How might i go and check it. I already pulled the code and it read 4-8 meaning what i believe is rear LH wheel sensor. I pulled it off now how do i check to see if that is the culprit? I dont wana spend 125 bucks on a sensor if i dont need to ya know. i did do some research and found a thread about shaving some rust off to make it work. any help would be great.
How did you pull the codes for the ABS? I went to the dealer and there is suppose to be a connector and they put a jumper on it switch the key to on and count. I did that and there was nothing blinking and the bulb in the back works. Is there any other way to check for codes? Any info would help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe you take a paper clip to the back of a wire behind the radio. it should be blue. stick it in and turn the key to ACC or on three times. that should clear the car. then take the clip out and thurn the car to on again and the light for the abs should blink some numberous times.

Here is the list for the codes. It usually does a series of quick flashes, a pause, and then another series of quick flashes.

Codes:
1 - ABS pump motor over-run
1 2 ABS pump motor
1 3 high pressure leakage
1 4 pressure switch
1 8 high pressure system
2 1 parking brake
3 1 pulser RF
3 2 pulser LF
3 4 pulser RR
3 8 pulser LR
3 12 different diameter tires
4 1 wheel sensor RF
4 2 wheel sensor LF
4 4 wheel sensor RR
4 8 wheel sensor LR
5 - rear wheel lock - R/L
5 4 rear wheel lock - R
5 8 rear wheel lock - L
6 - fail-safe relay - F/R
6 1 fail-safe relay - F
6 4 fail-safe relay - R
7 1 solenoid - RF
7 2 solenoid - LF
7 4 solenoid - R
8 1 ABS function
8 2 CPU comparison
8 4 IC self-check

If the way i told you does not work... it could be backwards.... turn the key on 3 times to clear, then put the paper clip in and turn it ot on again and that sould give you the codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts