Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
waz up?
well does any one know if body kit's add wieght to your car or do they reduce's weight,becuz i think i readed in one of the forum ,someone said that their kit slowed them down for their 1/4 time. i'm planin to gettin my street figther front bumper with black widow skirts and rear this week,would this kit slow me down by addin weight or reduce it?also how much is it for a carbon fiber hood for a 5 gen.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It's not so much the weight of the kit as it is the aerodynamic drag that probably killed the 1/4, assuming all else being equal. This is not to say that body kits don't add weight to a car.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Obiviously it depends how big of a kit your getting and what its made out of. A big fiberglass kit is obiviously gonna weight more than a urethane kit.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I didnt notice any weight disadvantages with my WW RS kit and I am sure an OEM kit doesnt slow you down to much. A bigmouth fiberglass front end will sure slow you down..and (IMO) make your car look ugly at the same time.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Plus the weight gain makes it worst if you plan to mold things to your car like the sideskirts of if you decide to shave a lot of things on the car.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
the weight isn't really going to slow you down to the point thwere you should worry...it's fine...with my rs kit i didn't notice anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts