Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a good ab routine? I Know the only way to see your abs is to lose the fat but what's a good way to get the muscle cut up. How often should you train them a week?

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
I am wondering the samething?

I don't have a lot of fat over my abs but I would need to lose tha fat before my abs show. What is the best way to lose that fat and make the muscles more defined?

Sorry spin_r_g if I hijacked your thread. Didn't want to start another similar thread.

·
hoop 4 life.
482 Posts
train them heavy. i throw a 60 pound dumbell and rep out.

best way to lose fat? lift weights + cardio + great diet.

·
former luder
719 Posts
Glad to see this post, because I was about to post the same thing. I want to get a six-pack and I'm afraid I'll never be able to lose my natural layer of fat. I rode my bike across the country once and it still didn't go away. I'm 5'11" and 160 lbs. Pardon me while I hijack this thread...

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm workin at trying to get the sick pack back. I had it in my earlier years of college. I stopped going to the gym for several years. Now I'm back in the gym and I'm not seeing results like before. So I need to change something.

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
I thought the same thing, then I decided to get liposuction...

No really.. train them HARD... like d3 said, toss a 30lb+ weight on your chest, and start doing 25 reps, at least 5 sets to work it hard.. I usually use a 40lb weight and do 10 sets of 25 EVERY day...

I also eat right.. and walk about 10+ miles at work every day. I love having an 800,000sq/ft facility all to myself :D

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
Finally seeing definition in my abs. Not where I want to be, but, it IS the hardest set of muscles to train. You have to be seriously dedicated.. If you aren't born with them, it is a pain to earn them. With continued healthy eating, and working them out, I'll be there by summer :)

·
hoop 4 life.
482 Posts
:eek:
malken00 said:
Finally seeing definition in my abs. Not where I want to be, but, it IS the hardest set of muscles to train. You have to be seriously dedicated.. If you aren't born with them, it is a pain to earn them. With continued healthy eating, and working them out, I'll be there by summer :)
calves and abs are def. the hardest.

·
1st to make the playoffs
2,744 Posts
How do you do a sit up? I know it sounds like a dumb question but there are many ways to do them and I heard some are better then others. Is the best way to put your hands on your chest and not behind your head? I am guessing your chest because you need to hold to weight.

I have a total gym which right now is a coat rack but I do want to use it again. It has a really good sit up bar. Instead of being flat on my back (like being on the ground), it is on a downward slope so I have to pull my body up more which I think works it out more.

Also, where can I find a good eating routine (that includes beer :) )? I am not the healthiest eater but I should start.

·
hoop 4 life.
482 Posts
^ if you want to see your abs and drink beer. stop working out now.

all my friends get drunk and go out while i sip water. whats sad is i don't need beer to get girls so that excuse doesn't work with me.

·
Oh Hai.
9,785 Posts
Enhanced said:
How do you do a sit up? I know it sounds like a dumb question but there are many ways to do them and I heard some are better then others. Is the best way to put your hands on your chest and not behind your head? I am guessing your chest because you need to hold to weight.

I have a total gym which right now is a coat rack but I do want to use it again. It has a really good sit up bar. Instead of being flat on my back (like being on the ground), it is on a downward slope so I have to pull my body up more which I think works it out more.

Also, where can I find a good eating routine (that includes beer :) )? I am not the healthiest eater but I should start.

It really depends on how dedicated you are. You can lose weight at a slow rate, or a fast rate. The faster the weight loss, the more chance of 'crashing' at the end of it, and going right back to where you started.

I lost 36lbs in 2 months... not the way I would recommend, but I lost it and kept it off since last summer.. Now I'm slowly building it back up, in muscle. :)

·
hoop 4 life.
482 Posts
ill post mine. i need a tan. it's winter in the south.

that is with 0% cardio and eating what i want. summer comes around, i'll get leaner.

·
former luder
719 Posts
Enhanced said:
I do crunches, not sit-ups, because I hear that going all the way up is bad for your lower back muscles. Getting your shoulder blades off the ground is all you need to work your abs.

My current routine, if I'm not at the gym: I have a shot put that I hold above my head as a weight and I do about 100 crunches like that, then turn to each side and do maybe half that, then do leg lifts, which targets your lower abs. Then rest; repeat several times.

Dan

·
USAF
1,519 Posts
d3adp ^^ I'm at 155 lbs with low body fat right now, pretty good definition all around. My goal is to try and hit 170lbs lean muscle by Dec and look pretty much the way you do in the pic, but not so much emphasis on the pecs. What height and weight are you now?

·
hoop 4 life.
482 Posts
5'7 around 153 now. :( need to get my weight up.

it was just the angle of the pic. makes my chest look big. chest is easy to build for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts