Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k, I'm entering my car in a show next weekend, and I'm wondering if I should wax my car. The reason I ask is because I'm picking the car up on sunday from a repaint. I know I shouldn't be waxing the car for a few months, but should I even be using the wax at the wand wash? Or should I stay away from that for a little while too? TIA

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I really wouldn't wax it before the paint has had time to cure. I think you would be sorry in the long run. If you spend the money for a repaint, it would be a shame for the paint not to turn out as good as it should. If I were you, I wouldn't go to the show. I'm not sure about the shows where you live, but most of the shows I've been to, the stupid kids get all close to your car and rub up against it. This is no good if you don't have anything to protect your new paint. However, if you have something to put around the car so people can't get close to it or if people there don't touch the cars then you should be fine with no wax. You would probably be pretty safe using quick detailer to give it a nice shine at the show.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I was planning on putting some barriers up so nobody could touch the car. But would it be safe for the paint if i used some sort of detailer on the car so soon after the repaint?

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
It will be safe to use a polish (to create a smooth, mirror-like finish) and a glaze (to make it shine and give the paint more depth) but just don't use any wax. Polishes and glazes will not seal the paint, but a wax will. Quick Detailer is also okay since it still lets the paint breathe. Good luck at the show!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts