Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend took a couple of action pics of the autocross...

Obviously, the bottom picture is me.
------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

[This message has been edited by jacques (edited April 10, 2001).]

·
Registered
825 Posts
veddy veddy nice

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Why does that course look like it might be HUGE?</font>
Joon, the parking lot is huge (the course covering half of it), BUT the course was anything but. It was heavily technical, with 6 turns (one which was a 90 degree turn, another tight turn that ends up at the finish line), and three slalom areas. My tires were screaming through those turns. Since it was less speed-oriented, I beat a '99 Lotus Espirit V8 Turbo in overall standings...it's true! That S2000 pictured soon did a '360 spinout at the last turn.

Kevin, this wasn't at Creve Coeur...it was at St. Charles Family Arena's rear parking lot. Like that "wheel lift"
? Although you can't tell, alot of cars spun out at that turn going too fast. A Porshe DNF'ed twice because of that turn. The next autocross will be there again on April 22...it'll be the first time I will run with my Koni/GC combo.

------------------
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacques:
Joon, the parking lot is huge (the course covering half of it), BUT the course was anything but. It was heavily technical, with 6 turns (one which was a 90 degree turn, another tight turn that ends up at the finish line), and three slalom areas. </font>
tell me about it! at last sunday's autocross, we have an INTERSECTION in the course and we almost saw a few cars T-bone-ing each other!!!!

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
o0OO0o's got a good point.</font>

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
tell me about it! at last sunday's autocross, we have an INTERSECTION in the course and we almost saw a few cars T-bone-ing each other!!!!

</font>
What yahoo designed that course?! We had ALOT of drivers that day...165, to be exact. So, the runs were done in 20-second increments. I saw some cars be fairly close to each other (within 10 seconds), which is too close for comfort, IMO.

------------------

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sweet pics, that course seems to be nearly as big as the one we normally run down here at Turner Field. Make sure and take some pics at the next event.

------------------
99 Red 5spd Prelude=AutoX
90 auto Accord sedan=DD
AIM: Jvtecsho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts