Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on dropping my car sometime soon and I was wondering if Ishould go with coilovers or springs??

Also I want to get a set of JDM fogs and I was wondering where I could purchase them and for how much?? You can give me an E-mail at [email protected]

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R
"Black Beauty"

·
Crunk + Hyphy = Sam
4,989 Posts
For JDM fogs, try James Chan. Every has nothing but good things to say about him. Try him at performance-evolution.com. I'd go coilovers, but thats just me. I like the idea of adjusting the ride height.

SAM

·
Registered
957 Posts
If you go for an extreme drop like 2 inches or so, I would definately suggest getting a set of aftermarket shocks also. I just swapped my friends shocks in his Civic that were blown after about 25K miles dropped on 2-inch springs. Personally, I have Koni shocks with Ground-control coilovers.

------------------
Steve
2000 Prelude SS
"Mugen Equipped"

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how much would it run me to get the Coilovers and new shocks??

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R
"Black Beauty"

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vision Lude:
So how much would it run me to get the Coilovers and new shocks??

</font>
Koni shocks are around $500 shipped from places like www.shox.com. You can also try KYB and Tokico shocks.

Ground-controls coilover sleeves go anywhere between $300-400. I hear Skunk2 coilovers work well too.

There might be a group buy on this stuff, try www.groupbuycenter.com.

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
My car has a 1.5 drop all around. I still have my stock shocks on the car. It feels almost stock still..rides real smooth. Been 3 years too...but whenever the shocks go.. or feel choppy, I'll get some aftermarket shocks.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by checkmate58:
My car has a 1.5 drop all around. I still have my stock shocks on the car. It feels almost stock still..rides real smooth. Been 3 years too...but whenever the shocks go.. or feel choppy, I'll get some aftermarket shocks.

--Sam

</font>
What kind of springs do you have?? I want about a 1.5 inch drop all the way around.

------------------
2001 Prelude
Vision R

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
the eibach pro-kits will give you around 1.3"

I have the koni's/prokits and its actually more ~1.8" (1 finger gap all around) Its possible that it was installed on the lower setting on the shock which added another .5" to the lowering

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
[/b][/QUOTE]
What kind of springs do you have?? I want about a 1.5 inch drop all the way around.
[/B][/QUOTE]
RS*R Down springs. I don't know if they still make them anymore though. Several other people have tried to find them but to no success. I bought them brand new for 120.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts