Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 93 Si almost a year ago. The a/c was very spratic working when I bought it. When the blue light came on you could hear/feel the compressor kick on and it was cold. Then the buttons on the climate control stopped working. I assume it all electronic. The slider for heat and a/c would not hardly move. I found a used one at a salvage yard and replaced it (pain in the butt). It worked when I first put it in (a week or so) and now only occassionally can you get the blue light and a/c. It doesn't seem like the compressor is bad or anything else just an electrical or switch problem somewhere. My assumption is the climate control but I hate to purchase one and install that again unless I feel sure.

Any advice on trouble shooting? Where to buy a CC if that is it? What other A/C switches could it be?
Thanks for the forum. I love what some of the members have done to their lude. Ours had a half inch of pipe-ash from a heavy pipe smoker covering every inch of the interior and film on the windows. We removed the carpet, seats, dash, everything (climate control lol) and cleaned it. Replace the fried stereo and speakers and started driving it. It is a fun project car.

Help?

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Well, the climate control tends to have loose connections inside. Yank that sucker out, check the circuit board for loose connections, and solder them up. They'll be pretty obvious once you see them.

I think there's a thread somewhere on here with pics of the loose connections

·
Space bar issues.
30 Posts
Honda Prelude climate control 92-96, Repair-Rebuilt (#220346299222)
this is a ebay listing for a repair he has alot of good reviews
and im sending mine in to him.

just copy and paste that listing on the ebay search it comes right up.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Eh, $50 + shipping. The hardest part is yanking it out of the car. If you're already doing that to send it to him, might as well spend another 5 minutes yanking it open and resoldering the connections yourself :shrug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eh, $50 + shipping. The hardest part is yanking it out of the car. If you're already doing that to send it to him, might as well spend another 5 minutes yanking it open and resoldering the connections yourself :shrug:
I agree and will def try it first. I took my original apart yesterday and it is def melted somewhat on the switch that operates the fan motor. I may post some pictures when I get back next weekend. The one I bought from the salvage yard last year (which worked a few days) is still in the dash and will take some time to pull out and check it for loose solder joints. That is my next step when I have time.... remove it and pull it apart and re-solder. If non of this works I may check into mailing it off for repair. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to spend much $ toget the a/c working right. The guy I bout the car from said he had spent about $1K on the a/c and it worked a few weeks. My guess/hope is thatthe cc then went out...:bigthumb: Thanks for the great suggestions!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts