Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I would like to know why my side air vent on the driver's side is barely blowing out anything? and YES it is open. i need to know...its getting HOT out...need A/C

TIA

later

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put your hand underneath the steering wheel and feel for any cold air coming out from under there, it might be the air tubing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SONIX

ok, i felt around under the steering wheel, and to the left a little where i can put my hand up under there...there IS a lot of air blowing out! any ideas on how i can go about repairing this?! THANK YOU

later

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DOWNLOADER

yea there are a few tubes...mine is a 4th gen BTW...i looked it up in my helm's and it said it may be a duct or the door being off...the door and the vent that connects to the air vent (you know what i mean?) line up fine. the thing is it will be hard to repair the tube b/c i can barely see and get under there...even with a flashlight...dont wanna have to take it to the shop...TIA

later

·
Buttering up the muffin
965 Posts
First instead of feeling try to see it. First remove the 6 or so screws cover for the knee bolster. You can also take off the kneew bolster by removing the 4 bolts. Now, you can see the duct. The duct is made of 2 pieces if I remember right. They are connected by a piece of foam tape. If they are not connected, just use duct tape to put them together. I doubt its the the vent from the door since that is one piece. I'm pretty positive that is your problem.

[This message has been edited by Phamine (edited May 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS phamine

its late now i will do it tomorrow. come on H-A so i can tell u the rest of my probs. i hope i get it fixed!

Thanx again

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi. just wanted to let u all know i fixed it. for everyones future reference, the problem was the large black plastic tube has two pieces that connect, and some how they separated. they snapped right back in and now my vent worx again

thanx for your advice, though

later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts