Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a p72 JDM OBD 1 skunk 2 chipped ecu - what else do i need except the conversion harness and what are gains to be expected or what should i be worried about - any info plz.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
yea ATTS wont work...but imo, i think its useless anyway:shrug:

i didnt even know skunk2 made a chipped P72???

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
ahhh i can do without it...besides im going turbo eventually and with my goals it wont stand a chance anyway.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no the tranny is swapped with a jdm lsd tranny - no atts anyways - but will i have to do anything to change it besides put on the harness and plug it in ??? what are the pros and cons and if not p72 then what?

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
What are you expecting to get out of the Skunk2 p72 ecu? Will they program it for you based on your mods? What happens when you add mods? I am assuming you want to increase horsepower but unless it's tuneable, you are going to be stuck with whatever power it gets you. If you are going to go through the trouble of changing the ecu, you should may as well get something that can be tuned. What mods do you have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cai/h/e - full port work including intake manifold - skunk 2 springs retainers and 1mm oversized valves - head milled - msd 6al -
i just want to push the rev limiter back a little bit and have vtec at around 4600 - 4800 - i would expect maybe 5 whp maybe not even that ???

·
Modding never ends!
2,492 Posts
Whatever you get, it's up to the skill of the tuner. AEM or Hondata (most engine management systems actually) will work and do what you want it to. How well it does it depends on your tuner.

Do a search on AEM EMS and Hondata.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts