Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey First off new to PO just thought i would say Hi :D
Any who , I have a 98 Prelude base H22A4 5 speed No Mods , Bone stock.
About 5 Months ago the Check Engine light came on at a red light , as i took off the car started bucking back and forth, if i floored it it was fine if i let off it slowed down quick enough to have the seat belts lock. if i shut the car off it would stop untill i sat at the next light for any more than a min. some times the car would Bounce between like 9 and 1300 RPM. shutting the car down normally did not however fix this problem. Several people told me it was the IACV, so today i finally replaced it, along with a PCV valve. Now the car Constantly Fluctuates in RPM, Checked for Vacuum leaks, reset the computer after installing IACV and also purged coolant lines leading to it , after searching on here the only other thing i could find was that the EGR could be the culprit. The Cap, rotor, plugs, wires and Coil have all been replace also. Sorry for the long post, Figured giving all details that i could up front would be easier than constantly answering someones question. Any help would be awesome

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
Did you think about checking what the CEL was?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i didn't had the guy at auto zone hook it up to his little hand held job and he agreed with what i did ( take it for what its worth) and now the check engine light is off so , great job on my part i guess. . .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i've made , Well i wouuldn't really call it progress but i have something, I started the car up this morning and let it run for about 3-4 mins, after that i touched the throttle the car started bouncing again, i unhooked the PCV valve and the car did it worse , I blocked the tube with my finger, It STOPPED COMPLETLY. does this maybe mean i have a vac leak somwhere and when the PCV valve is blocked completly it is compensating for the leak or maybe my EGR is messed up ?? Help please , i go to school , work , and take night classes in town and the car is a B*#@% to drive in town

1 - 4 of 4 Posts