Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was the first race with my prelude. i was at a meeting at work tonight and when we were leaving, a co-worker asked me if i wanted to run. he has a 2000 eclipse rs with i/e and a lot of bodywork. i have a 98 base with cai.

the first time we ran vtec didn't engage and the rev-limiter was switched to 7000 rpm's because my car was still cold. he new something was wrong and let off. the second time we ran, i made sure my car was warm and i won by four car lengths and i was at 90mph. the reason we stopped was because of a traffic light, or i would've kept pulling.

i was pretty impressed, i know his car isn't that fast but i didn't realize how quick mine was. he said he is now in love with my car.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
lol nice another convert :D ...be sure to warm up the engine first next time!!!

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Sweet win! I've never ran a newer eclipse yet, but I can't wait to molest one.

J

·
Amanda's biatch
2,018 Posts
eclipse rs has a nice amount of torque but low hp.. it's a 4cylinder i believe.. nice kill and good job making him like your car.. :D now.. go race an eclipse gt or gts!

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
geez let me write this down.... Eclipse "RS"... all those damn eclipses look the same.. either you get chewed up and spit out by a stealth gsx.. or its one of these or weaker. :D
I dont mess with eclipses because of it.. less its one of those old body styles.. those you can laugh at.

·
Registered
854 Posts
dont get too cocky, ive seen some V6s at the track with i/h/e running 14.6s @ 95...which last time i checked is at the very least as fast..theyre capable of keeping up unless your running mid-lower 14s..and if your stock or cant drive your car, you may lose..be wary, i was very impressed watching these 3 v6 eclipes turn consistent 14.6s and 7s.peace

·
Registered
854 Posts
DeadFish said:
geez let me write this down.... Eclipse "RS"... all those damn eclipses look the same.. either you get chewed up and spit out by a stealth gsx.. or its one of these or weaker. :D
I dont mess with eclipses because of it.. less its one of those old body styles.. those you can laugh at.
the 1st gen eclipses are some of the fastest ones out there, i see them regularly running mid 13s or 12s..even 11s...theyre not as reliable in my opinion but make no mistake a 1st gen DSM that is in good condition, and modded, will eat you up and spit you out as well...and alot of them are also debadged..:D ans when he says RS..im postive hes talking about the newer models which have the GT as thier top model, the ones your talking about are 95-98 i beleve, maybe even 99...with the projector headlights..later

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,841 Posts
I basically stay away from eclipses... dont want to get embarrassed having my ass handed to me. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts